Windows 10: How to get wifi password.

Discus and support How to get wifi password. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need the wifi password of a network that is connected via ethernet. My dad has decided to create two wifi networks, one wifi network is unrestricted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nuravat, Apr 5, 2020.

1. How to get wifi password.

I need the wifi password of a network that is connected via ethernet. My dad has decided to create two wifi networks, one wifi network is unrestricted and works, while the other blocks certain keywords and crashes a lot due to a faulty "kids wifi" extension. Its hard to work at home due to it crashing and he refuses to remove it.

Right now i have tried using the cmd as an admin, and using the command netsh wlan show profile name="" key=clear, But an error comes up saying that there are no profiles.

I cant login to the admin ip network via the brower because I don't know the admin username and password.

I would like to know how to get the wifi password via cmd, from a computer that is connected to the ethernet.

submitted by /u/Nuravat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nuravat, Apr 5, 2020

2. wifi password

I am trying to find my wifi password, but am not able to find it.

the instructions given to me were:

Find your Wi-Fi password in Windows

Great! I can help you find your Wi-Fi password. Follow these steps:

1. Select Start > Settings > Network and Internet >
      Network and Sharing Center

1. Under the View your active networks tab, look for the network you’re connected to. Select the blue link next to
      Connections.

1. Select Wireless Properties in the pop-up window.

1. When the new pop-up window opens, navigate to the Security tab.

1. Check the box next to Show characters, and your Wi-Fi password will appear in the Network security key field.

I got to the network and sharing center, but, there was not
    View your active networks
    tab in the Network and sharing center tab.

so, how do I find my wifi password?

Ken or LindaGutierrez, Apr 5, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Help with changing wifi password?

No. That will NOT change your WiFi password. The router administration password and WiFi password are two completely different passwords.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2020
  4. flycaster Win User

How to get wifi password.

Help with changing wifi password?

So are you saying that I should enter my "PW" into the field and then I will get to the wifi or wireless settings page?

flycaster, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

How to get wifi password.

1. How to get wifi password. - Similar Threads - wifi password

2. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  3. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  4. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  6. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  7. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Laptop prompts me to enter the wifi password every time I try to connect - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop prompts me to enter the wifi password every time I try to connect - Windows 11: Pretty much what the title question says. I enter the password and connect successfully, use my laptop and close it when work is done.Come back, connect to wifi but need to enter a password again. This has to be done every single time I have to use the wifi.And also my laptop...
  9. Laptop prompts me to enter the wifi password every time I try to connect - Windows 11

Laptop prompts me to enter the wifi password every time I try to connect - Windows 11: Pretty much what the title question says. I enter the password and connect successfully, use my laptop and close it when work is done.Come back, connect to wifi but need to enter a password again. This has to be done every single time I have to use the wifi.And also my laptop...
  10. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...