Windows 10: How to get Win 10 maps to forget some of the addresses I have searched for. NOT all of them.

Discus and support How to get Win 10 maps to forget some of the addresses I have searched for. NOT all of them. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 home edition. Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.191) Maps 5.1805.1431.0 After searching for a route, I get a drop down list of previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JustRayInWisconsin, Jul 25, 2018.

1. How to get Win 10 maps to forget some of the addresses I have searched for. NOT all of them.

Windows 10 home edition.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.191)

Maps 5.1805.1431.0

After searching for a route, I get a drop down list of previous locations that I have asked directions for.

Good, in that it is remembering addresses that I have looked for.

However, I see that the addresses I looked for are listed more than one time in the drop down box.

I think I have found how to get the Maps app to forget ALL the addresses.

But, is there a way for get the Map app to selectively forget just some of them ?

:)

JustRayInWisconsin, Jul 25, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 25, 2018
  3. N97 - Maps 3.01 - No results in address search

I've been posting over on All About Symbian about the Maps behavior. Once you have it figured out, it will work as expected.

1. In the US, we have a ZIP+4 (i.e. 5 digit + hyphen + 4 digit) postal code. The maps application can only handle our first 5 digits. Having anything extra cause it to show "No Results."

2. If you have a suffix such as Road, Place, Drive, Avenue in the address, you must use the exact abbreviation or else you'll see No Results in the search. I suggest you try the abbreviations Rd, Pl, Dr, Ave or even drop the suffix altogether to see if
    it finds the address.

3. Something that boths me still is that the Maps application can search for addresses in your Contacts list. Since I used Microsoft Outlook to sync my Contacts, Outlook uses "United States of America" as the country. The maps application only will accept
    "USA".

I guess in their effort to make Maps small and fast, they left out a lot of the syntactical variance processes which you find in most discrete GPS devices.

So far, with a little work I've been able to find each and every address that I've looked up so far.

Good luck!

rdcinhou---01, Jul 25, 2018
  4. How to get Win 10 maps to forget some of the addresses I have searched for. NOT all of them.

Address search in Nokia Maps 3

yes, same here.

This is one of the reasons i did step back to Nokia Maps Version 2.

Here, from within the maps-main-screen, you can just start typing.

Example: Let's say the city name ist Buxtehude, and the street name is August-Ernst-Strasse.

Then you might type in "Buxtehude August". After a short while you get a list of possible selections.

If you nearer the search, like "Buxtehude August-ern" then you narrow down and shorten the list of possible selections.

Works great.

With V 3 i i always was confronted with a new screen, where i was forced to enter the country and stuff like that.... which was very annoying.

Or maybe i did not find the right place to enter searches?

noplayback---01, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

How to get Win 10 maps to forget some of the addresses I have searched for. NOT all of them.

1. How to get Win 10 maps to forget some of the addresses I have searched for. NOT all of them. - Similar Threads - maps forget addresses

2. In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...: In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan why no have Pakistan map ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-i-search-pakistan-offline-maps-but/4933bd80-5470-4e82-892b-805343445ba7
  3. In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...: In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan why no have Pakistan map ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-i-search-pakistan-offline-maps-but/4933bd80-5470-4e82-892b-805343445ba7
  4. Can't Get Microsoft to Forget My Old Email Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Microsoft to Forget My Old Email Address: Hi.Recently I switched internet providers, with the result that my old email address, which was an @dslextreme , is no longer valid. After a lot of trying, I've successfully changed my Microsoft sign-in email to the new one which is an @gmail. The problem is that Microsoft...
  5. Can't Get Microsoft to Forget My Old Email Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Get Microsoft to Forget My Old Email Address: Hi.Recently I switched internet providers, with the result that my old email address, which was an @dslextreme , is no longer valid. After a lot of trying, I've successfully changed my Microsoft sign-in email to the new one which is an @gmail. The problem is that Microsoft...
  6. all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

in Windows 10 Customization
    all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?: all my desktop icons have disappeared. help me get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-desktop-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get/b52fd7db-5b63-4d9d-94d3-ab9736ad2a64
  7. Having some trouble getting assigned an IP address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having some trouble getting assigned an IP address: Hello To All - Wanted to make a post since I am having some trouble with my computer that I have not been able to resolve myself. I currently have a custom build PC with an MSI motherboard running Windows 10. Since yesterday, I have not been able to access the internet with...
  8. Windows apps forget credentials that have been specified to them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows apps forget credentials that have been specified to them: Hello all, I am using Windows 10 Pro on a fast PC. As of a few days ago, I noticed that the browser I used - Opera - had started "forgetting" login/passwd info to sites I had accessed until now without having to reenter the info. As I failed fixing this, I moved to Edge,...
  9. Since I installed Windows 10 some of my desktop Icos have disappeared and I forget how to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since I installed Windows 10 some of my desktop Icos have disappeared and I forget how to...: How do I find my missing desktop apps installed on my windows 10 and after finding them how can0 0i get them back on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-i-installed-windows-10-some-of-my-desktop/8b7efb2f-4259-4bf4-a63c-b4486e670d20
  10. Win 10 search not finding some files

in Cortana
    Win 10 search not finding some files: I am having a BSOD issue when waking from sleep. circlass.sys is the suspect along with hcw89.sys. This issue is in another thread. Under my normal account, a search of C:\ fails to find hcw89.sys. If I log in as "standard user" search quickly finds some "hcw" files....