Windows 10: How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display...

Discus and support How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brotyboy, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Brotyboy Win User

How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display...

How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display adapter

:)

Brotyboy, Oct 15, 2018

2. Update Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for Nvidia Geforce

I have installed Nvidia Geforce GTX 870M on my Alienware (Dell) computer but the Microsoft Basic Display adapter can't find the PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1199&SUBSYS_05511028.

That should be the address to Nvidia cards, but still, only Microsoft Basic Display is in the list of devices.

I've tried to install any and many of Nvidia drivers, but none of them have the right address in their INF-files. Still messages saying Nvidia installer cannot continue, or, Driver not compatible (because the Microsoft BD can't find the card).

Can I uninstall the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter or at least Update so it can find the right address to Geforce GTX 870M driver?

I simply need a driver for Nvidia Geforce GTX870M that have the "10DE" and "1199" and "05511028" in their Driver INF-files so the Microsoft driver for Basic Display can fint it!

Carl BengtStahl, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Graphic card driver

Dear sir,

I have XFX geforce 9800 GT graphic card and i m using windows 10 (64 bit) but in device manager display adopter show (microsoft basic display adapter) .... is my card driver is not available for windows 10? I think it is geforce 9 series

Plz help thx

S.A.Siddiqui, Oct 15, 2018
  4. How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display...

Graphics card compatibility with W10 upgrade

Thank you for your help Andre. I've done everything you recommend:

• I "uninstalled" NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated display graphics adapter.
    • The only display adapter listed in (devmgmt.msc) device manager now is the recently installed ASUS EAH 5450 graphics card.
    • The update request on the manufacturer's web site says the display driver is the latest.
    However, I still get the message that the NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 display graphics has not been made compatible with W10.

What do you suggest?

bacon lake, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display...

1. How to get Win 10 to use the Geforce Graphics card rather than the Microsoft Basic Display... - Similar Threads - Geforce Graphics card

2. UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.: Hi,I Was Trying To Run Valorant But It Gave Me An Error.DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required To Run The Engine.I Tried Running Other UE4 Games. Some Gave Me The Same Error And Some Gave Me A Different Error And Some Were Working.Some Gave Me "Shader Model 5.0 Is Required To...
  3. UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.: Hi,I Was Trying To Run Valorant But It Gave Me An Error.DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required To Run The Engine.I Tried Running Other UE4 Games. Some Gave Me The Same Error And Some Gave Me A Different Error And Some Were Working.Some Gave Me "Shader Model 5.0 Is Required To...
  4. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  5. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  6. How to get GameDVR to record with dedicated GPU rather than Integrated Graphics.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get GameDVR to record with dedicated GPU rather than Integrated Graphics.: I just got a gaming laptop with an RTX 2070 Super and while playing in games, I like to have it record in the background. One issue I am having is that it records using the integrated graphics rather than the dedicated graphics. I want it to record from the dedicated GPU...
  7. How to change the graphics card used by display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the graphics card used by display: Hi, I am using a BENQ monitor as display from my laptop. However, it is connected to my NVIDIA GPU. How do I connect it to intel graphics like my first display laptop display. Thanks in advance!...
  8. Is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter better than ATI Radeon 3000 graphics ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter better than ATI Radeon 3000 graphics ???: Pls help me by giving an answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-basic-display-adapter-better-than-ati/421a35a9-44f4-4cf3-94ae-a4d5a4c35665
  9. How to use the Intel graphic rather than the Nvidia with a HDMI connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use the Intel graphic rather than the Nvidia with a HDMI connection?: Hi! I'm using my old Dell XPS laptop with my Android TV through a HDMI cable. All is working fine! I'm wondering how can I use the Intel graphic instead of the Nvidia (damned optimus!). I tried to set as the preferred graphic the Intel in the Nvidia control panel but...
  10. GeForce graphic cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GeForce graphic cards: Can you send me a list that which GeForce graphic cards are compatible with Window 10! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/geforce-graphic-cards/545f4a84-f9cc-4f2b-a53c-b7e445e2f1fc