Windows 10: how to get win10 secuity to setup for full scan ,quick scan ,and off-line scan.

Discus and support how to get win10 secuity to setup for full scan ,quick scan ,and off-line scan. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to set-up win10 security for scans - full -quick ans off line. i have my other computer set for that , but for the life of me I have spent an hour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pke225, May 29, 2019.

1. pke225 Win User

how to get win10 secuity to setup for full scan ,quick scan ,and off-line scan.

how to set-up win10 security for scans - full -quick ans off line.

i have my other computer set for that , but for the life of me I have spent an hour trying to get this one i have been working on to setup for that. I appreciate all the he;p I have received. Maybe I will eventually get it like I want it.

Thanks

pke

:)

pke225, May 29, 2019
  2. Compumind Win User

Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, May 29, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Quick Scan?

Not necessarily. The time taken is calculated from the actual start and finish times. If you put the machine to Sleep/Hibernate part way through a scan the time taken will include the time spent asleep. Here's a quick scan that I put to sleep for more than 15 minutes part way through....

how to get win10 secuity to setup for full scan ,quick scan ,and off-line scan. [​IMG]

Uninterrupted, the same quick scan takes 1 minute 23 seconds.

4. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. how to get win10 secuity to setup for full scan ,quick scan ,and off-line scan. - Similar Threads - win10 secuity setup

2. Quick scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick scan: I performed a quick scan and it identified 1 infected file. When it had finished it said no infections were found. Is the infected file still active? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-scan/395ed386-caa6-40f9-9221-c08486293dfe
  3. Quick Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Scan: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  4. Quick scan

Quick scan: My laptops quick scan is not stopping,it has scanned some 5 lakh file today and is still going whereas on any normal day it scan 50 k files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/ccdc3fef-cc4b-4988-bd2d-1e7a80573ca3
  5. WD off line scanning.

WD off line scanning.: I use the free malwarebytes for several manual scans per week and Windows Defender for continual and weekly full scans. This pc is on the beta channel 21H1 and cannot run the offline scans although my other two pcs, a desktop and a laptop can run them no bother. Can I do...
  6. Quick Scan

Quick Scan: In windows security it says I need to perform a quick scan. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/c41cc680-8c41-4e16-b78c-7dfebb438daa
  7. QUICK SCAN

QUICK SCAN: Microsoft How many days does Quick Scan take to complete? Answer Quick Scan? What's that? Google had some good answers, but I didn't want t o be mean steeped in my disappointment that every quick scan takes unknown amount of DAYS and up to a WEEK to complete. FAIL...
  8. Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan: I've scheduled a Defender weekly run (which wasn't easy) but I find that it's using the Quick Scan option. I'd like it to do the Full Scan option. I went to Microsoft's "help" pages but they just led me around in circles. I this possible? Or am I barking into the wind?...
  9. QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN: HI WHEN I STARTED SCAN IT SAYS SCANING BUT THE FILES SCANNED COUNT IS NOT SHOWING. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT REALLY SCANNING OR HANGED AT THAT POINT...
  10. Quick Scan?

Quick Scan?: This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking. 129520