Windows 10: How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates )

Discus and support How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates ) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Given the 'scandal' where people who click "Check for updates" in Windows Update allegedly (MS admits it, so it's more than alleged) are labeled as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnqflorida, Apr 20, 2019.

1. How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates )

Given the 'scandal' where people who click "Check for updates" in Windows Update allegedly (MS admits it, so it's more than alleged) are labeled as "seekers" who are given less carefully tested updates, is there a way to trigger my computer getting 1809 (it's at 1803), without clicking Check For Updates or otherwise causing myself to be labeled a seeker?

Thanks in advance

:)

johnqflorida, Apr 20, 2019

2. AMD Releases Crimson ReLive Beta Driver for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

AMD today have released the latest (unnumbered) Beta version of their Radeon Crimson ReLive driver suite for Radeon graphics, which brings with it "Beta level support for the latest version of Microsoft's Windows 10 Operating System". Naturally, AMD says it should be considered "as is", which is always refreshing to see in a driver release. This update should improve users' experience when dealing with the Fall Creators Update's extended Mixed Reality features, so if you have one of those headsets ready to go and to power 343 Industries' "Halo Recruit" Experience please do and report back to this news editor. There's a list of known issues under MR and the Fall Creators Update, though, so be sure to check that list after the break. Follow the link below for AMD's driver download page.

How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates ) rhbFuLISMhC6xwwj_thm.jpg

How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates ) HKHsnLhE2uHSgybb_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Beta Edition Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Drivers

Known Issues
    • Mixed Reality headsets may fail to render when running in Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
    • A limited number of displays may exhibit brief signal loss periodically.
    • System hang may occur during Mixed Reality 360 videos playback on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • An HDCP error code may be observed while playing Blu-Ray content on a secondary attached display.
    • Radeon WattMan profiles and settings may not persisting after resuming from sleep.
    • A system restart or hang may be observed when launching DX12 applications on Multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon ReLive enabled.
    Source: AMD

Raevenlord, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2019
  4. How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates )

Windows 10: Issues with redeeming code for Minecraft Beta Edition.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    redeeming a code for Minecraft Beta Edition app on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if the code is not redeemed properly or it is already redeemed.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "redeem my Minecraft Beta edition", how exactly have you tried to redeem the code?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about redeeming the code and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learn-gift-card

Please get back to us with an update on issue with redeeming code for
    Minecraft Beta Edition app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates )

1. How to get Windows 10 1809, WITHOUT being a "Seeker" (and getting beta/untested updates ) - Similar Threads - 1809 WITHOUT being

2. seeker's notes update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    seeker's notes update: When I opened my game the last couple of times it asks me to update and if I do I'll get a reward. I click to update and I get sent to Microsoft home and nothing about update is there. Does it mean updates for the game or updates from fellow players. I have no idea what I'm...
  3. Cant get windows 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get windows 1809 update: Hi guys, i got issue with getting windows update 1809, every time when i click into automatic update it says i am up to date but i am running on 1803 version of windows since october. I tried to update 1809 through windows assistant and i got installed everything but right...
  4. Windows 10 1809 update gets stuck at 75% and freezes

Windows 10 1809 update gets stuck at 75% and freezes: I've tried several times to update Windows 10 to the latest update (most recently using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and the update goes smoothly but then gets stuck at 75% and froze occasionally;...
  5. Not getting update to windows 10 1809

Not getting update to windows 10 1809: Hello, I am using an Inspiron 7577 gaming 15 laptop which according to Dell's page has been tested for the windows 10 1809 update, but still, after all this time I am still stuck on the 1803 update. This has been the case after my several attempts at clicking on the check for...
  6. keep getting stuck at windows update 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keep getting stuck at windows update 1809: hi joydeep sir when i am check for windows update in 1809 i am getting stuck and keep saying check for update but no update are showing or getting install....
  7. getting 1809 update ?

getting 1809 update ?: today I heard that Microsoft pulled back 1809 update then why I am getting 1809 update in updater app ? even I have paused update... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-1809-update/75b4f6e6-44fe-49a3-8ae2-4685d5bd2f06
  8. How to get regular updates for 1709 WITHOUT getting 1803

How to get regular updates for 1709 WITHOUT getting 1803: Windows 10 updated to 1803 a while back & completely messed up my PC! After rolling back & getting it working again, 1803 kept trying to install. The only way to stop that was to turn off Windows Update altogether. How can I get updates for 1709 yet keep 1803 off my PC?...
  9. how to get windows updates without driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get windows updates without driver updates?: Someone who does not have internet connection at home wants to bring me his hard drive from his desktop computer, so I can install a program on it. Assuming I can get it to boot on my hardware (I have had pretty good luck with that in the past), I don't want windows to...
  10. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Gets an Update

in Windows 10 News
    Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Gets an Update: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta got an update today bringing you exciting new features. In Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta build anything from makeshift shelters to the grandest of castles! Create and explore your very own world where the only limit is what you can...