Windows 10: How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced?

Discus and support How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive failed and I replaced it. It now say no bootable devices which means I need an OS. I had window 10 before it failed, how would I get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidkeller1981, Nov 5, 2018.

1. How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced?

My hard drive failed and I replaced it. It now say no bootable devices which means I need an OS. I had window 10 before it failed, how would I get it back?

:)

davidkeller1981, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows 10-Replacing failed hard drive

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS15 that was running Windows 10 but the hard drive has failed completely and needs replacing. How do I go about installing and activating Windows 10 on a replacement hard drive?

Thanks

BarrieMorris, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 6, 2018
  4. How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced?

Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced?

1. How to get windows 10 back after my hard drive failed and replaced? - Similar Threads - hard drive failed

2. Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash: My computer came with Windows 7 installed. My copy of the Windows 7 from HP is damaged. A fresh Windows 7 does not have the drivers needed. It will not talk with the Internet. I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free where all the hardware works. How can I get back to Windows10...
  3. Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash: My computer came with Windows 7 installed. My copy of the Windows 7 from HP is damaged. A fresh Windows 7 does not have the drivers needed. It will not talk with the Internet. I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free where all the hardware works. How can I get back to Windows10...
  4. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  5. Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.: I have a HP Pavilion Elite e9107c, Win10 Home 64bit upgraded from Win 7, the computer is stock except for the graphic card original card fail and a PCIe USB 3.0 card, both installed about 3yrs+ ago. The HDD currently in the computer is a Seagate Barracuda 750GB...
  6. Get back to Windows 10 after motherboard replaced and hard drive failed

Get back to Windows 10 after motherboard replaced and hard drive failed: Dell XPS One 2720 All-in-one My history: Machine supplied with Windows 8.1 Motherboard replaced during first year and machine shipped back to me Free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Hard drive failed last month and replaced Windows 8.1 reinstalled by Dell last...
  7. Help me get my Windows 10 back after replacing my corrupt Hard Disk.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help me get my Windows 10 back after replacing my corrupt Hard Disk.: So a month ago I had to change my corrupt hard disk, I went to a service center to get it replaced, But after replacing it they said they couldnt renew my Windows 10 and installed a pirated version of it. Now I want my Windows 10 back. I bought the laptop on amazon, It came...
  8. Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed: First timer so please be gentle. My hard drive failed on my Asus desktop and had to be replaced. This whole thing made me aware of how little I prepared for such a situation. I had a recovery usb but it was from the date of purchase (2012/13) so I created a new one using my...
  9. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement: How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it....
  10. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...