Windows 10: How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer...

Discus and support How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/augbar38 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsh2eo/how_to_get_windows_10_to_let_you_preview/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/augbar38, Feb 25, 2021.

1. How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer...

/u/augbar38, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer...

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer...

1. How to get windows 10 to let you preview videos/image files? Can't find the answer... - Similar Threads - let preview videos

2. I can't find an answer in MS Answers ... Some desktop folders and files will not move or be...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't find an answer in MS Answers ... Some desktop folders and files will not move or be...: I can't find an answer in MS Answers ... Some desktop folders and files will not move at all with the mouse or be deleted in windows 10. They are stuck in one place....
  3. I can't find an answer in MS Answers ... Some desktop folders and files will not move or be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find an answer in MS Answers ... Some desktop folders and files will not move or be...: I can't find an answer in MS Answers ... Some desktop folders and files will not move at all with the mouse or be deleted in windows 10. They are stuck in one place....
  4. I can't find an answer in MS Answers ... Some desktop folders and files will not move or be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Video- "we can't find this file"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Video- "we can't find this file": I made a long video on Microsoft Photos/ Video by importing pictures and clips from various file locations. I never backed up the video. One day I decided to reorganize mu pictures/ videos and I moved them around within my files. Subsequently when I tried to open my video, it...
  6. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews: None of the previews are showing up. Any way to fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-image-and-video-previews/71c39d2a-04d5-4f9f-a200-594413d60dac"
  7. Can't find image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find image: Under Restore it says, "Browse for an image file". Where would that file be? And what would be it's name? I scanned my whole computer, including the H: (USB) drive. I can't find any file with the .mrimg extension. Don Cole [img] + Post New Thread 126285
  8. Skype Preview for Windows now lets you blur background in video calls

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview for Windows now lets you blur background in video calls: Recently, Microsoft announced beta testing of a new feature for Skype on the desktop. With this update, Microsoft has added one of the most requested features to its instant messaging and video calling app. The update has enabled the blurred background feature which can be...
  9. Why can't I get a simple/straight answer as to what files I would find on a windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I get a simple/straight answer as to what files I would find on a windows 10...: Why can't I get a simple/straight answer as to what files I would find on a windows 10 recovery disk?? All I am trying to confirm is that they are all there after creation. Just a simple list of what should appear would do the job. You ought to include that with the setup...
  10. Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files

in Windows 10 News
    Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files: In OS X, you can select a file and press Space for a quick preview of it, just like how you can preview app window in Windows 10. Previewing a file is something that you can’t do natively in Windows 10. While Microsoft appears to be not interested in such a feature, for the...