Windows 10: How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor

Discus and support How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've got an hdmi switch with my PC as the input and my TV and my monitor as the output. My TV is 4k so it's resolution always seems to be picked up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by 0ugfwl, Dec 4, 2018.

1. 0ugfwl Win User

How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor

I've got an hdmi switch with my PC as the input and my TV and my monitor as the output. My TV is 4k so it's resolution always seems to be picked up when switching betwenn my monitor and my TV when the PC is on, but often it is defaulting to 30Hz, so when I switch back to my monitor it just reads out of range as it only displays at 60Hz it seems.

My monitor's aspect ratio is also 21:9 rather than 16:9, and when switching from the TV to the monitor it won't display in 2560x1080 as it still displays in 16:9

I'm wondering if there is a way to possibly uninstall and re-install the drivers using powershell or a cmd script, as I can uninstall the driver just fine but not re-install with the monitor not displaying(haven't tried it just guessing there). This way it picks up it's a different display and changes the resolution poperly. Althought if anyone has any better ideas I'm open to it!

On windows 10 pro 1709

Thanks

:)

0ugfwl, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor - Similar Threads - pick monitor

2. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  3. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  4. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  6. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  7. Require advice to pick right docking station for two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Require advice to pick right docking station for two monitors: Hi I would like to buy docking station for Samsung laptop, Model No: NP550P7C. It has one HDMI, one VGA display port and two usb 3.0. I would like to display laptop screen and two more screens with all three two screen display different content. But when I connect HDMI and...
  8. odd problem : W10 not picking up monitor audio until W10 "troubleshoot Sound problems "...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    odd problem : W10 not picking up monitor audio until W10 "troubleshoot Sound problems "...: I have this odd problem that started a few months ago (FYI have auto updates on). When I start up my computer, the audio output is automatically set to my headphones , instead of usually going to my monitor speaker channel. The weird thing is when I open the volume mixer ,...
  9. How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor: I've got an hdmi switch with my PC as the input and my TV and my monitor as the output. My TV is 4k so it's resolution always seems to be picked up when switching betwenn my monitor and my TV when the PC is on, but often it is defaulting to 30Hz, so when I switch back to my...
  10. Cant make windows to pick Zowie Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cant make windows to pick Zowie Monitor: Hey out there As seen at the picture. Windows doesnt allow me to change or pick zowie monitor. When i de-aktive it and go to my gfx properties it doesnt appear, when i aktive the pnp-screen Zowie appear, but it to change from 60 mhz to 144mhz it wont save. Ive tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attached headphones to monitor and computer wont pick it up

2. how to get windows 10 to pick up new monitor