Windows 10: How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

Discus and support How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matty1961, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Matty1961 Win User

How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the device manager and clicked on update driver, it could not find this file, even with a direct search. It kept on saying, "The best driver is already installed...." I even copied the .inf folder to system32\drivers and still it does not recognize the file. When I right clicked on the .icm and .inf files separate, it just sai

:)

Matty1961, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 19, 2024
  3. NEW Windows 10 install, not recognizing 2nd Monitor or setting correct resolution

I just installed a Windows 10 (Creator's Edition) on a NEW SSD to my HP xw4600 Workstation. Below are the problems I'm experiencing:

• The OS hasn't recognized the fact I have 2 monitors.
      • From Display Settings the Detect function can't
        find the 2nd monitor
      • Both monitors show same content

From the Device Manager I've removed Device and now it is showing Generic PnP Monitor
    as Working Properly.

Additionally, neither screen is displaying at the proper resolution. Dell U2211H (1920 x 1080).

• Display Settings has the screen set to 1024 x 768
    • The highest avaiable option is 1280 x 1024
    • Advanced Display Settings is not listed as an option
    • Cannot extend the desktop
    • Windows + P indicates Your PC cannot project another PC try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card

The current card installed is a ATI FirePro V5600. After visiting the manufacturers website and not finding a driver listed for this card for Win10 I found a tool to remove the device, its driver, and all associated registry entries to let
    Windows install it's Display Adapter which the Device Manager is now indicating is
    Working Properly.

None of the steps of taken thus far has had a positive effect. I'm at a loss...what do I need to do to correct these issues?

Thank you.

MichaelRubens, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

1. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver? - Similar Threads - recognize monitor driver

2. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  3. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  4. Second monitor not recognized drivers updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not recognized drivers updated: I have a Laptop with a AMD Rayzen 5 3500U with graphics integrated radion vega 8. I’m using a usb dock hub to connect the second monitor. This same escenario has been reproduced on another laptop and the second monitor works just fine, but in this particular laptop is not...
  5. Second monitor not recognized drivers updated

Second monitor not recognized drivers updated: I have a Laptop with a AMD Rayzen 5 3500U with graphics integrated radion vega 8. I’m using a usb dock hub to connect the second monitor. This same escenario has been reproduced on another laptop and the second monitor works just fine, but in this particular laptop is not...
  6. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  7. my new monitor is not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my new monitor is not recognized by pc: I’ve bought a monitor MSI g27c2 but my computer does not recognise it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-monitor-is-not-recognized-by-pc/9e3424aa-27f4-4fb7-ab30-ed99f84c67a4
  8. New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Laptop not recognizing old monitor: 've been looking for a cheap way to set up a monitor so that I can view better. I purchased a HDMI to VGA converter, but for some reason the monitor is not "detectable."...
  9. How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor: I've got an hdmi switch with my PC as the input and my TV and my monitor as the output. My TV is 4k so it's resolution always seems to be picked up when switching betwenn my monitor and my TV when the PC is on, but often it is defaulting to 30Hz, so when I switch back to my...
  10. How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get windows 10 to pick up a new monitor: I've got an hdmi switch with my PC as the input and my TV and my monitor as the output. My TV is 4k so it's resolution always seems to be picked up when switching betwenn my monitor and my TV when the PC is on, but often it is defaulting to 30Hz, so when I switch back to my...