Windows 10: How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

Discus and support How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Coding_Nerd, Dec 5, 2023.

1. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled secure boot and tpm but because secure boot isn't being recognized as enabled I cannot go back to windows 11 I had to flash windows 10 and still cannot get it to reflect that it is enabled. flipped the switch in my bios menu more than once. reset boot keys and reset my motherboard to default settings 3 times. no dice on getting windows to show that it is onError PC Health Check Gives MeShowing Secure Boot is enabledSystemAMD Ryzen 5 260016GB of DDR4

:)

Coding_Nerd, Dec 5, 2023

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Dec 5, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Dec 5, 2023
  4. yahanna Win User

How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

Which Do I Enable, PTT and DTMP in Bios to Upgrade to Win 11?  

Hi cerebus, I enabled TPM 2.0. And I did the following to enable secure boot which I read is needed to enable Device Encryption:
    1. If you want to enable Secure Boot: "Advanced"-> "Settings"-> "Windows OS Configuration"-> look for "Windows 8/8.1 Feature" or "Windows 10 WHQL Support" and set it to "UEFI".
    2. Save and exit.
    3. Enter BIOS.
    4. Go to "Advanced"-> "Settings"-> "Windows OS Configuration"->Secure Boot-> set "Secure Boot" to Enabled.
    5. Save and exit.
    But after I rebooted I couldnt find Device Encryption anywhere. But when I went into System Information I found under Device Encryption Support and I need "elevation required to view." What do I do?
    How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again 362796d1648007771t-do-i-enable-ptt-dtmp-bios-upgrade-win-11-a-11.png

yahanna, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

1. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again - Similar Threads - recognize secure boot

2. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again: Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled secure boot and tpm but because secure boot isn't being recognized as enabled I cannot go back to windows 11 I had to flash...
  3. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again: Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled secure boot and tpm but because secure boot isn't being recognized as enabled I cannot go back to windows 11 I had to flash...
  4. want tu upgrade for win 11 but need to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want tu upgrade for win 11 but need to enable secure boot: still have problem ...try to run MBR2GPT btu still have error. please help me.MBR2GPT will now attempt to convert the default book disk.If conversion is successful the disk can only be booted in GPT mode.These changes cannot be undone!MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk...
  5. want tu upgrade for win 11 but need to enable secure boot

want tu upgrade for win 11 but need to enable secure boot: still have problem ...try to run MBR2GPT btu still have error. please help me.MBR2GPT will now attempt to convert the default book disk.If conversion is successful the disk can only be booted in GPT mode.These changes cannot be undone!MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk...
  6. want tu upgrade for win 11 but need to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to enable Secure Boot on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Secure Boot on Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to a Windows 11 laptop so I need to enable Secure Boot to play Valorant. I went to UEFI settings after identifying that it was disabled, but the option to turn it back on is grey and I can’t change it. Does anyone know why this is/how I can bypass?...
  8. How to enable Secure Boot on Windows 11?

How to enable Secure Boot on Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to a Windows 11 laptop so I need to enable Secure Boot to play Valorant. I went to UEFI settings after identifying that it was disabled, but the option to turn it back on is grey and I can’t change it. Does anyone know why this is/how I can bypass?...
  9. How to enable Secure Boot in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Secure Boot in Windows 11?: Good evening everyone, Exactly two days ago 11/20/2022 I purchased the new Fifa23 by EpicGames, and did the normal game installation process. Upon finishing this process, the game opened in Origin base application of the EA Sports account, I was super happy with my new...
  10. How to enable Secure Boot in Windows 11?

How to enable Secure Boot in Windows 11?: Good evening everyone, Exactly two days ago 11/20/2022 I purchased the new Fifa23 by EpicGames, and did the normal game installation process. Upon finishing this process, the game opened in Origin base application of the EA Sports account, I was super happy with my new...