Windows 10: How to get Windows-10 wallpaper image file in UWP application ?

Discus and support How to get Windows-10 wallpaper image file in UWP application ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, I found that, UserProfilePersonalizationSettings class only support to set the user’s desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ANIL KUMAR (anil.kumar4), Mar 27, 2019.

1. How to get Windows-10 wallpaper image file in UWP application ?

Dear All,

I found that,

UserProfilePersonalizationSettings class only support to set the user’s desktop wallpaper.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uw...serprofile.userprofilepersonalizationsettings

How could we access the current desktop wallpaper image ?

Is it possible through getting wallpaper image file from C++ executable ?

Please guide me, how to implement this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Anil Kumar

:)

ANIL KUMAR (anil.kumar4), Mar 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2019
  3. [UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., Mar 27, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

How to get Windows-10 wallpaper image file in UWP application ?

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

How to get Windows-10 wallpaper image file in UWP application ?

1. How to get Windows-10 wallpaper image file in UWP application ? - Similar Threads - wallpaper image file

2. How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?: I'm currently developing a Universal Windows Platform UWP app, and I'm looking to enhance the user interface by incorporating animated SVG images. Specifically, I'd like to display SVG images with animations within my UWP app. However, I'm facing challenges in achieving...
  3. How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?: I'm currently developing a Universal Windows Platform UWP app, and I'm looking to enhance the user interface by incorporating animated SVG images. Specifically, I'd like to display SVG images with animations within my UWP app. However, I'm facing challenges in achieving...
  4. How to get wallpapers for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get wallpapers for Windows 11: How can I get Windows 11 wallpapers for old Windows versions, I saw on this site techsarnews an article about these wallpapers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-wallpapers-for-windows-11/14a1aacb-0eff-403c-9dc8-f59e6189892f
  5. How to get this wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get this wallpaper: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick and I want to get this wallpaper, give me link and thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-this-wallpaper/86b5b653-f454-4810-8fe1-314407f7e427
  6. Image Files combining application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Files combining application: while sending emails we are attaching more than one photo for example we have 6 photos attaching separately. If there will be an app in windows 10 for combining photos in one small album my mail will have just one attachment. And also in folder while you have 40 images i want...
  7. Wallpaper images

Wallpaper images: I installed a group of images from Microsoft over the weekend. This download comprises pictures of beautiful places. The images cycle through. I don't like this feature and wish to remove them. Where do I find them?...
  8. How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10: Microsoft appears to be focused on improving the desktop File Explorer but the software maker is quietly testing UWP File Explorer for Windows 10. The UWP File Explorer is still believed to be actively developed and it’s scheduled to launch with Windows Core OS. UWP File...
  9. Console UWP Applications and File-system Access

in Windows 10 News
    Console UWP Applications and File-system Access: As announced in the May 2018 issue of MSDN Magazine, the latest Windows update introduces support for Console UWP apps. We’re also introducing support for UWP apps to get broader access to the file-system than was previously possible. In fact, it was during the design and...
  10. ShowKeyPlus UWP images

ShowKeyPlus UWP images: Hey Theme Team, As you may know I'm busy creating a UWP version of ShowKeyPlus. For this I need images for display on the Start menu, Start screen etc. I've included a zip file with templates and the current icon (dunno what happened to original png, unfortunately)...