Windows 10: How to Get Windows 10’s Old Default Desktop Background Back

Discus and support How to Get Windows 10’s Old Default Desktop Background Back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all - Thought that this might be of interest: "Strangely enough, Windows 10’s original desktop background has been removed from the latest version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Compumind, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

How to Get Windows 10’s Old Default Desktop Background Back

Hi all -

Thought that this might be of interest:

"Strangely enough, Windows 10’s original desktop background has been removed from the latest version of Windows 10, build 1903.
    You’ll have to download it from the web or copy its files from an older Windows 10 PC."

https://www.howtogeek.com/418719/how...ckground-back/

Enjoy.

*Smile

:)

Compumind, Jun 28, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Background for Windows 10

Hi Ronald,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change back the background time to 10 seconds:

• Press Windows key+R to open the Run window.
    • Type this command: control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper to open old Control Panel settings, and then click
      OK.
    • Select your preferred desktop background and under "Change picture every" option, choose
      10 seconds.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Get Windows 10’s Old Default Desktop Background Back - Similar Threads - 10’s Old Default

2. How do I get my old background back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my old background back?: I installed an app for school now the picture of the website is showing on my background. How to get my previous background back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-background-back/0e1fa76a-a95b-4637-a57a-b7b292bc44f8
  3. How do I get my old background back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my old background back?: I installed an app for school now the picture of the website is showing on my background. How to get my previous background back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-background-back/0e1fa76a-a95b-4637-a57a-b7b292bc44f8
  4. How to get my old windows back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my old windows back: I had windows 11. I entered a windows 11 pro key and it didnt work.And windows didnt went back to old windows and kept the old key and shows Activate windows. I cant use my old key too. pls help me...
  5. How to get my old windows back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my old windows back: I had windows 11. I entered a windows 11 pro key and it didnt work.And windows didnt went back to old windows and kept the old key and shows Activate windows. I cant use my old key too. pls help me...
  6. Default User Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default User Desktop Background: One important thing for us to include in our Windows 10 clone/image is we want to set the wallpaper to a particular .jpg file to be used as the initial desktop background when new users log in. We do not want to use a policy GPO setting because we want the user to have the...
  7. how to get back normal background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to get back normal background: my background is black how do I return it to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-normal-background/43f24c0b-fccc-4fc1-88b7-f57ef65f5ef4
  8. How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.: Somehow I screwed up my entire color scheme through Start/Settings/Home/Personalize. I changed something (possibly by clicking on High Contrast -Black) and I couldn't reverse it. Now I've made it worse and most of my Microsoft apps and programs' color schemes are all screwed...
  9. How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.: Somehow I screwed up my entire color scheme through Start/Settings/Home/Personalize. I changed something (possibly by clicking on High Contrast -Black) and I couldn't reverse it. Now I've made it worse and most of my Microsoft apps and programs' color schemes are all screwed...
  10. Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10 [img] Information Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color,...