Windows 10: How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10

Discus and support How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; G'Day all from OZ, I have received a lot of help from the Sevenforum in the past, so I hope the same type of assistance happens here. :) Some time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Reggie49, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Reggie49 Win User

How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10

G'Day all from OZ,
    I have received a lot of help from the Sevenforum in the past, so I hope the same type of assistance happens here. How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10 :)

Some time back I watched a Youtube clip, on how to backup Windows 10 and create a System image, using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore utility.

Since then I've had many tries to complete this task, but they all failed at the end, when the System Image completes. There have been a few different error messages, but latest ones, I thought related to Library files, (according to Microsoft's interpretation of the error code.)

I wasn't aware Windows 10 even had Library files, as they were never visible in File Explorer, but sure enough they were are. So after opening each Folder in the library, they were either empty or contained some files. So I went through the process of removing the contents of these folders, and tried another backup - Unfortunately the outcome. *Sad

The error given on the Windows Backup Troubleshooing Options window was: "The backup completed but some files were skipped", the error displayed in this window was 0x8100002F.

Under "The backup completed but some files were skipped" was a hyperlink to "View skipped Files".

When you click on "View Skipped Files" the following was displayed: "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\User\Pictures\Saved Pictures. Error: (STATUS_WAIT_2 ((0x800700002))".

When I went to the Pictures folder there's about 50 .jpg files in there and a couple of .png files. Apart from that, they all have thumbnail images and don't look suspect, so I have no idea now on what to try next.

I've reached the limit of my ability to blunder around trying to fix this, so it's time to ask for help, from people who may have a solution for me.

My desktop computer is fairly new so I'm pretty confident there's no issue there, and there are no issues with the operation of Windows 10 version 1909

If someone has encountered the same problem as this, and has come up with a solution, I love to hear how you sorted this out please.

Best Regards

:)

Reggie49, Dec 15, 2020

2. Windows 7 Backup Image Question

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone with knowledge of the Windows 7 backup image can help me out. I make regular, monthly backup images of my harddrive and last night I messed something up with an AVG update. I updated, was having problems with CPU usage after the update and I tried a system restore to the previous day to fix things. Well this did not fix it. So I was forced to use the backup image.

This was my first time doing so, so I wasn't entirely sure on how to do it, but it was actually pretty darn easy. I've got the computer back up and running like it used to. Have my old AVG version back and no more high CPU usage. I've run ccleaner to fix any registry errors there might be, everything is checking out just fine.

Here's my question though. At the beginning of the process, there is an option to "format the PC's hard drive and repartition disks to match the layout of the system image." This is unchecked by default and I left it unchecked. A friend of mine suggests that I redo the process and reformat. Is this necessary for my situation? I could see maybe if I had a bad virus or something of that nature. Could I have messed up the registry by not formatting? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System Image Backup

2. Windows 10 system image backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system image backup.: What is the best way to backup a system image windows 10. I tried to backup to a usb flashdrive but it failed. I trid with a third pary backup tool butit says my flashdrive was too small 32 gb to backup by harddrive. I don't want to backup my whole hard drive just the system...
  3. Windows 10 system image backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system image backup.: What is the best way to backup a system image windows 10. I tried to backup to a usb flashdrive but it failed. I trid with a third pary backup tool butit says my flashdrive was too small 32 gb to backup by harddrive. I don't want to backup my whole hard drive just the system...
  4. Windows 10 system image backup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows System Image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Image backup: I want to create a System Image backup of my PC running Windows 10. The hard disk has no partitions, its a single drive with 57 GB used. I am planning to use a 1 Tb external HDD for the backupWill my external HDD get formatted during the backup process?How much space...
  6. How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10: G'Day all from OZ, I have received a lot of help from the Sevenforum in the past, so I hope the same type of assistance happens here. :) Some time back I watched a Youtube clip, on how to backup Windows 10 and create a System image, using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore...
  7. System image backup in windows 10

System image backup in windows 10: For storing system image backup, should I have a separate hard drive dedicated to system image backups? Can i use the hard drive to store any other data? How big would a system image file would be? If I had 50gb worth of data in my system, would the image file also be 50gb or...
  8. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: No matter how many times I go into control panel, file history, i can't find 'system image backup', on the left side of the page. or any options list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-image-backup/78afed59-2427-44cb-99f4-fa8bb173907b
  9. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: Since installing windows on a SSD drive, system image backup fails with an error Messages "Failure in preparing backup image (0x807800C5)" "Specified backup disk cannot be found (0x80780081)"...
  10. Windows 10 System Image Backup

Windows 10 System Image Backup: Sir/Mam I am unable to save a system image backup of my Windows 10. I am getting the following errors.(see attachment). I want to save my backup in my internal drive which is a different disk,( I have 3 separate internal hard disk). Format of partition is NTFS.I even tried...