Windows 10: How to get Windows Security to stop automatically blocking downloaded files?

Discus and support How to get Windows Security to stop automatically blocking downloaded files? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I download a file for school pptx, pdf, docx. Windows will automatically block the file because it's 'come from another computer and might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by violetyvs, Jan 16, 2022.

1. violetyvs Win User

How to get Windows Security to stop automatically blocking downloaded files?

Every time I download a file for school pptx, pdf, docx. Windows will automatically block the file because it's 'come from another computer and might be blocked to protect the computer'. Usually I have to go into Properties select Unblock to access the file. Is there anyway I can stop Windows from automatically blocking the files? It's rather annoying having to manually do it. I have Windows 11 and using Bitdefender as my antivirus, although I doubt it's a problem with my antivirus as I've turned it off, uninstalled it and the problem still persists, so i assume it's a Windows thing.

:)

violetyvs, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Andres379 Win User

OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand

Hello

To save space on laptop I use Files on Demand feature in OneDrive. But every time as I am running some other app, like backup software or some photoediting software like ACDSee, file what are on OneDrive cloud get downloaded. To stop this I try to block
    the app to stop automatic file downloads. The problem is the app is not getting blocked not from OneDrive Block App feature, name of the blocked app is not appearing in Settings>Privacy>Automatic file downloads blocked app list. Also changes in registry then
    changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Spftware\Policies\Microsoft\Cloudfiles\BlockedApps DWORD value Enabled data to 1 (0 is allowing) is not changing anything and the App still downloads files.

Help! How to get Windows Security to stop automatically blocking downloaded files? :)

Andres379, Jan 16, 2022
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Security attributes for Downloaded files

To disable the Open File Security Warning in all browsers or apps that downloads a file from the internet, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
    • Adjust the lever to your desired security level (From low to high) and click OK. You can also add trusted sites if your site is not yet on the list.
    In addition to the steps above, you can Customize the level of security. Just click Custom level and you can
    Enable the app or browser that you want to download files.

Let us know how it goes.

Allan Mej, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. How to get Windows Security to stop automatically blocking downloaded files? - Similar Threads - Security stop automatically

2. How to stop File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop File Download - Security Warning: One of my Windows 10 computers started giving this warning when I try to open a website from the Links section of the taskbar.There is no option to uncheck always....Then a few days later a second W10 computer started doing the same thing. I assume it is because of a Windows...
  3. How to stop File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop File Download - Security Warning: One of my Windows 10 computers started giving this warning when I try to open a website from the Links section of the taskbar.There is no option to uncheck always....Then a few days later a second W10 computer started doing the same thing. I assume it is because of a Windows...
  4. How to stop File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. secure download of Outlook shtml file blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure download of Outlook shtml file blocked: Windows 11-How do i found out what 3rd party software might be blocking Outlook downloads? I need to view a Shtml file to verify my email before July 8th before my email gets shut down. I get a very fast "Failure to load" that vanishes before I can copy...
  6. secure download of Outlook shtml file blocked

secure download of Outlook shtml file blocked: Windows 11-How do i found out what 3rd party software might be blocking Outlook downloads? I need to view a Shtml file to verify my email before July 8th before my email gets shut down. I get a very fast "Failure to load" that vanishes before I can copy...
  7. How to get Windows Security to stop automatically blocking downloaded files?

How to get Windows Security to stop automatically blocking downloaded files?: Every time I download a file for school pptx, pdf, docx. Windows will automatically block the file because it's 'come from another computer and might be blocked to protect the computer'. Usually I have to go into Properties select Unblock to access the file. Is there anyway I...
  8. How secured I am if Windows Security stopped a downloaded file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How secured I am if Windows Security stopped a downloaded file?: Hello, I asked from someone on another modding forum to help me with trying to make my old graphics card work with an old motherboard. He modded the vBIOS of the graphics card and uploaded it to a website called ufile.io... immediately after I clicked download I got this...
  9. Windows Security is stopping automatically !!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security is stopping automatically !!: hi guys, * I had a problem with my Windows 10 Pro and I tried more and more to to fix it but I didn't get it yet * When startup the windows, The "Windows Security" and its Service "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" are running and working well, but after 2 min "Windows...
  10. How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?: Hi guys, I have, apparently identified the culprit for my abrupt restarts with automatic repair firing up. It's the radeon 8750m drivers. the second they begin to install BAM. shutdown+automatic repair. What's the most effective way to not install those drivers all...