Windows 10: How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu

Discus and support How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On startup, I have it set to display the Start Screen without the Start Menu. When I exit an app the Start Menu is displayed and I have to click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WELLAWEENIE, Aug 19, 2015.

1. How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu

On startup, I have it set to display the Start Screen without the Start Menu. When I exit an app the Start Menu is displayed and I have to click the Windows icon to once again display only the Start Screen (tiles only).

:)

WELLAWEENIE, Aug 19, 2015
  2. vdeish53 Win User

How to get all apps to display on side of screen in windows 10 tablet display

Have laptop tablet and when first staring using it the all apps would display on the side. Now when I hit all apps they show up in the middle of screen. How do I get it to display back on the side?

vdeish53, Aug 19, 2015
  3. AndreePin Win User
    How to get all apps to display on side of screen in windows 10 tablet display

Kindly try the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings window.
    • From the window, select Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • On the left pane options, turn the Use Start full screen to off.
    Regards.

AndreePin, Aug 19, 2015
  4. vram Win User

How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu

Modern Settings -> Personalization -> Start -> Select to use Full Start Screen

5. That works the first time, but if I launch an app from a tile in the Start Screen, when I exit the app, I always return to the Desktop view. Any way to exit an app and return to the Start Screen where I launched the app in the first place?

WELLAWEENIE, Aug 20, 2015
  6. vram Win User
    It might be a bug or by design. Post feedback about it using the built-in feedback app. Maybe you'll get lucky *Smile

7. Ztruker Win User
    Try Settings, System, Tablet Mode, turn it on.

Don't know what side effects this has.

Ztruker, Aug 20, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

For me it affected the way windows would resize...didn't like it.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu - Similar Threads - display start screen

2. How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?: Image: https://prnt.sc/w0adil I can't find the Apps List I see on other peoples' systems anywhere, how do I get it to show? submitted by /u/Recktoz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaxnha/how_do_i_get_the_apps_list_start_menu_instead_of/
  3. How do I get THIS start menu?

How do I get THIS start menu?: https://winaero.com/blog/tip-enable-or-disable-submenus-inside-the-start-menu-in-windows-10/ This looks like an ideal combination of the many Start Menu paradigms. Cascading programs from the 95 menu, tiles from 10, etc. submitted by /u/GameMusic [link] [comments]...
  4. windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu: windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-is-not-coming-instead-it-is/a084a89d-cb37-44f5-b25f-330871dc724f
  5. Start screen instead of desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen instead of desktop: Is there a setting that will always take me to the Start screen instead of to the Desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-instead-of-desktop/73ea9282-4145-4b64-a110-e099d4468998
  6. How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?

How to make start menu show apps instead of their folders?: Hi, this is a simple non-issue question, if you click the start menu it shows the folders of some apps e.g. showing a "Foxit Reader" folder which only contains one item, the Foxit Reader app. Some others like Qbittorrent folder show the Qbittorrent app and the Uninstall icon,...
  7. How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu

How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu: How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-my-desktop-as-default-display-instead/b99e864c-0fee-4b86-8570-105ca2691ecc
  8. How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop?

How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop?: this use to be option before but i cant find it anymore in windows 10 i have pro version and nothing , any suggestions i prefer live tiles rather than desktop...
  9. Icons not Displayed in Start Menu !

Icons not Displayed in Start Menu !: The Icons are not displayed on Start Menu, When I click the Icon It opens the App perfectly and in howermouse it show the Name of the App but it doesn't display the Icon. Any Idea how to get the Icons back ? [img] 26882
  10. Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10: How to: Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10 How to Change to Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. You can use this instead: How to...