Windows 10: How to get windows update .cab file or all fod?

Discus and support How to get windows update .cab file or all fod? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am making a system image and need to integrate some fod, but I cannot get it. such as:OpenSSH.Server~~~~0.0.1.0 156981 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by he852100, May 24, 2020.

1. he852100 Win User

How to get windows update .cab file or all fod?

I am making a system image and need to integrate some fod, but I cannot get it.

such as:OpenSSH.Server~~~~0.0.1.0

:)

he852100, May 24, 2020

2. installing a cab file

so basically the instructions on this page is erroneous or outdated

[Video] How to Install Cumulative updates CAB/MSU Files on Windows 10

• Download the CAB Files x86 / X64 depending upon the OS architecture
    • Rename file to KBnumber.сab (for example KB3176931.Cab)
    • Copy to folder C:\
    • Run command-prompt as admin (Right click on Windows icon and choose option). Check the image above.
    • Enter the command “DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\KBnumber.cab
    • This installs the CU CAB File. Check the screenshots below for example.
    • Your devices will restart once the installation is over. Else you may need to restart your PC

this is the first page for google search.

I already tried NOT naming the file. I used the original name. still not found

beerus_king, May 24, 2020
  3. installing .cab files

just got a samsung jack with windows mobile 6.1

using vista and WMDC

I have no problem coping .cab to my docs folder on phone, but when i go to the file location on the phone, the .cab do not appear

any suggestions?

samsungjack, May 24, 2020
  4. How to get windows update .cab file or all fod?

Windows 10 update cab file Installer.

Problems with Windows 10 Updates are an ongoing issue now.
    and the possible solution to overcome this is by downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft®Update Catalog or using tools like WHDownloader (formerly Windows Hotfix Downloader)

The issue is that some times the packages will be CAB files and that's when the normal users won't be having an option about what to do next. Thus, to tackle this issue, I have managed to make a tiny program which will indeed help to Install those Cab file packages in windows without any troubles. How to get windows update .cab file or all fod? :)

The program is in the attachment.
    Virus total results :
    32 Bit : VirusTotal
    64 Bit : VirusTotal

32 Bit : Windows 10 CAB Installer.zip
    64 Bit : Windows 10 CAB x64.zip

Note :
    #. The 32 bit version will work for 64 bit as well, Only compilation is optimized.
    #. Make sure the source cab file path does not have any space in between them. ("MyDocuments" instead of "My Documents")
    *No passwords

Related Tutorials

Shadow Delta, May 24, 2020
Thema:

How to get windows update .cab file or all fod?

1. How to get windows update .cab file or all fod? - Similar Threads - update cab file

2. How to use a CAB file in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a CAB file in File Explorer?: Hi, I do get a lot of downloads which are .CAB files, the majority is obviously .ZIP, although I heard .CAB is just like .ZIP, but how do I use a cab file in file explorer? Like how do I extract files from it? I tried to search in the internet for like 30 minutes already, but...
  3. ,cab file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ,cab file: need to install a .cab file for an older printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-file/5e3b9f70-41a5-4288-9bf1-298ccd4b0e80
  4. Windows Mixed Reality FOD .cab file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mixed Reality FOD .cab file: Hello, I can't get the Mixed Reality FOD from the Windows update, so I need to load it from somewhere else. But the download for the FOD is not for the new 2009 version of Windows on the following site:...
  5. How to get windows update .cab file or all fod?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get windows update .cab file or all fod?: I am making a system image and need to integrate some fod, but I cannot get it. such as:OpenSSH.Server~~~~0.0.1.0 156981
  6. *.cab files

*.cab files: Hi, Is it safe to delete those files? Same dating from 2009. Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-files/7767cf26-5992-42bf-b29a-ac3a4a144362
  7. Installing update cab file

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing update cab file: Hello, I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did, the answer was an error "could not find or open the file". Renamed the file's name to be a short name, copies it to C folder, always could not...
  8. Updating laptop manually with CAB files

Updating laptop manually with CAB files: Hi all I have a problem that I am hoping that you can assist me with. Background: My company has laptops that are used in an environment that is not connected to the internet, and I am trying to perform updates to the said laptops. When I am trying to update any .cab file...
  9. Windows 10 update cab file Installer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update cab file Installer.: Problems with Windows 10 Updates are an ongoing issue now. and the possible solution to overcome this is by downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft®Update Catalog or using tools like WHDownloader (formerly Windows Hotfix Downloader) The issue is that some...
  10. How to restore System Restore and where to get the CAB files for it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to restore System Restore and where to get the CAB files for it?: This may not be the best forum section for this question and I don't mind it being moved to the more appropriate section.. as long as that section is alive and has people posting! I never use System Restore as I find it ineffective and so I use other methods to backup...