Windows 10: How to get (with Powershell) Cluster and Sector size of partition?

Discus and support How to get (with Powershell) Cluster and Sector size of partition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I find out WITH POWERSHELL the current cluster size and the sector size for a partition S:\? The following does not work: Get-Volume S:\ |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tobwen, Nov 22, 2020.

1. tobwen Win User

How to get (with Powershell) Cluster and Sector size of partition?

How do I find out WITH POWERSHELL the current cluster size and the sector size for a partition S:\?

The following does not work:

Get-Volume S:\ | Format-List AllocationUnitSize, FileSystemLabel

The command

fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo S:\

should not be used

:)

tobwen, Nov 22, 2020
  2. tobwen Win User

How do I find out WITH POWERSHELL the current cluster size and the sector size for a partition S:\?

The following does not work:

Get-Volume S:\ | Format-List AllocationUnitSize, FileSystemLabel

The command

fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo S:\

should not be used

tobwen, Nov 22, 2020
  3. How to get (with Powershell) Cluster and Sector size of partition?

Hello @tobwen,

I noticed that you haven't had a reply so I thought I would try to help.

Have a look at this => How to: Find out NTFS partition cluster size/Block size

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Nov 22, 2020
  4. tostator Win User

Raid 0: what cluster size?

Hello friends.

I've created a raid 0 with 64kb stripe... I've been testing with 64 and 128 kb and the best results in the bechs were with 64 kb stripe. And now, creating the partitions, I don't know what cluster size would be better... Any suggestion?

The rig will be used for p2p and gaming....

Thanks a lot

tostator, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get (with Powershell) Cluster and Sector size of partition? - Similar Threads - Powershell Cluster Sector

2. how to determine partition sizes needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to determine partition sizes needed: when you're installing any operating system whether it's windows or Linux or any of them, when you are trying to determine what size to make your partitions does each partition need to be just for the operating system or does it have to be for the operating system and all the...
  3. Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition: Yesterday, on Windows 11 Home, my laptop's screent went black all of a sudden. I already had backup, so, I inserted a Windows USB, and I formatted the partition on which Windows was installed. I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro on it. After successful installation, when I rebooted...
  4. Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition: Yesterday, on Windows 11 Home, my laptop's screent went black all of a sudden. I already had backup, so, I inserted a Windows USB, and I formatted the partition on which Windows was installed. I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro on it. After successful installation, when I rebooted...
  5. How to change Hard Disk Cluster Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Hard Disk Cluster Size in Windows 10: Windows 10 file systems organize your hard disk based on cluster size (also known as allocation unit size). If you haven’t specified cluster size when you format a partition, it will select the defaults based on the size of the partition – and this is one of the reasons for...
  6. How to get (with Powershell) Cluster and Sector size of partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get (with Powershell) Cluster and Sector size of partition?: How do I find out WITH POWERSHELL the current cluster size and the sector size for a partition S:\? The following does not work: Get-Volume S:\ | Format-List AllocationUnitSize, FileSystemLabel The command fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo S:\ should not be used 167816
  7. Partition size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition size: Hi so i was trying to dual boot ubuntu and windows and i tried to create a new partition for ubuntu but the maximum size for the partition is 134mb and i tried typing in the number of 60gb but it maxed out at 134 so i dont know what to do and if anyone has any help please...
  8. How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?: I couldn't find a way to learn what's the cluster size (allocation unit size) for an exFAT partition (or any other format). I tried with HWinfo, Windows msinfo32, Hard drive sentinel, DriveDX. None of them say it! Any help much welcome. - - - Updated - - - Just right click...
  9. How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?: I couldn't find a way to learn what's the cluster size (allocation unit size) for an exFAT partition (or any other format). I tried with HWinfo, Windows msinfo32, Hard drive sentinel, DriveDX. None of them say it! Any help much welcome. - - - Updated - - - Just right click...
  10. Hard drive cluster size issues? Size on HDD over twice the actual size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive cluster size issues? Size on HDD over twice the actual size: I went to SSDs on all of my computers some time back, but I still use WD RE4s and 2.5 inch WD Black HDDs for a variety of backup tasks and for storage in which the data will not be accessed for a period longer than is ideal to use a non-powered SSD for. On my Macs I am using...