Windows 10: How to get your Windows 10 license code key off your computer

Discus and support How to get your Windows 10 license code key off your computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Where can you find Windows 10 license code key off your computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Craig Bucceroni, Jul 6, 2020.

1. How to get your Windows 10 license code key off your computer

Where can you find Windows 10 license code key off your computer?

:)

Craig Bucceroni, Jul 6, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Your windows license will expire soon

Yes, it means you were cheated and you either need to purchase a key for Windows 10 Pro or you need to install Windows 10 Home.

Since its a laptop, it likely had a valid license for Windows 7 Home or Windows 8 Core (aka Home).

Step 1: download, create a bootable copy and reinstall Windows 10 Home

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Perform a clean install

How to possibly find the key:

Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Windows 7 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

The product key is usually located on the COA sticker attached to the bottom of your laptop or in the battery compartment. In some rare cases it can also be found in the memory compartment. For tower systems, look at the top or the side of the system unit. It
    looks like the following:

How to get your Windows 10 license code key off your computer 2407f3d4-7154-459f-b1e5-0c59f8f39646.gif

If the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker is damaged or letters or not legible, you will have to consider the following options:

• Use a digital camera to capture a picture of the COA then enlarge it on your computer.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2020
  4. How to get your Windows 10 license code key off your computer

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

How to get your Windows 10 license code key off your computer

1. How to get your Windows 10 license code key off your computer - Similar Threads - license code key

2. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer: Since last auto update of my laptop, the system is working slow and every time I restart then it’s showing Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer. I have initiated restart atleast 10 times however same issue every time with the Getting Windows Ready...
  6. Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer

Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer: Since last auto update of my laptop, the system is working slow and every time I restart then it’s showing Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer. I have initiated restart atleast 10 times however same issue every time with the Getting Windows Ready...
  7. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...: Had this on my screen for nearly 30mins? Should it take this long, laptop has never updated properly from day 1. Its about 12 months old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready-dont-turn-off-your-computer/7b5db89d-c713-4215-ac4c-a1a23e1b852d
  8. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...: Had this on my screen for nearly 30mins? Should it take this long, laptop has never updated properly from day 1. Its about 12 months old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready-dont-turn-off-your-computer/7b5db89d-c713-4215-ac4c-a1a23e1b852d
  9. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Move Your Windows 10 License To A New Computer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Your Windows 10 License To A New Computer: Last Updated on April 24, 2019If you plan on switching to a new PC – depending upon the type of Windows 10 license you have installed – you might be able to transfer the Windows license to the new computer. New computers often come with a brand new OEM Win 10 license, but...