Windows 10: How to gets sound to play through 2 different outputs at the same time

Discus and support How to gets sound to play through 2 different outputs at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using windows 10 I draw this thing to help understand the setup I have: https://i.ibb.co/4fHKK3r/image.png I wish to have sound to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maxjprg, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Maxjprg Win User

How to gets sound to play through 2 different outputs at the same time

Hello,

I'm using windows 10

I draw this thing to help understand the setup I have:
    https://i.ibb.co/4fHKK3r/image.png

I wish to have sound to play through both the tv speakers and the stereo speakers, both will play the same thing, if I turn one off the other one still play the sound.

right now i can chose which output i want and have the sound gets out either of the stereo or the tv by switching the sound output device in control panel ("realtek high definition audio" for the stereo or one of the screens outputs "nvidia high definition audio" for the tv screen, I have 3 screens wired to the computer, two of them being placed back to back with one pointing to the couch). I need the sound to always gets out of both outputs (stereo speakers and the tv screen speakers) at the same time ie select both outputs in control panel as the active one.

I found tricks to do that where you basicly turn a recording device into a sound playing device :
    This is how you can play sound on two devices at once in Windows 10

but it does not work for me because I still need the sound recording device to be my headset
    (or maybe this trick is a good start and i need to have 2 recording devices and turn one into an output ? seems janky but why not if it works)

any suggestion is welcome !
    thanks a lot

----------------------- you can skip the part below -----------------------

in case you wondering why I need that: when i'm on the couch the stereo is too far to control volume, the stereo has a remote but the stereo has its back to the couch and is inside a wood shelf so the remote does not work (even with fresh batteries) - so basicly when i'm on the couch i can not control volume without getting up. The remote for the tv screen will work fine. As the tv screen is turned off while i'm on the computer (near the stereo) i'll only have the setereo playing sound and i can control it manually - when i'm on the couch i'll turn off the stereo, turn on the tv, this way only the tv will play sound and i can control it using the tv remote - both play sound but they'll never both be turned on at the same time.
    Another solution could be to simplify the output switching process - it would not be that much of a pain to switch output every time i switch from computer chair to couch if it was not "control panel > sound > right click on the other output > set as default" (ofc 4 clicks is not the end of the world but you know how it is) - if it was just one key press to switch that could be ok since I'll have to remember to do it yes but even with the 2 output solution i still have to remember to turn off the stereo when switching to the couch. Not sure anyone is reading that part so if there's no solution to have 2 outputs i'll bring this idea up in the thread ^^

:)

Maxjprg, Jun 17, 2020
  2. RdX_666 Win User

Different application to different sound output . HOW ?

hello thar

I have a weird question . While it weren't possible in Win7 , is it possible in Win10 to set one application to go through one sound output while having other application on a different sound output ?

i.ex. : my gf is listening to youtube on "realtek HD audio" while I use "USB PnP sound device" and playing a game , without remote user ?

RdX_666, Jun 17, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 17, 2020
  4. How to gets sound to play through 2 different outputs at the same time

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

How to gets sound to play through 2 different outputs at the same time

1. How to gets sound to play through 2 different outputs at the same time - Similar Threads - gets sound play

2. How to have 2 different sound output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have 2 different sound output devices: Alright, so I have 2 screens, and what I want to do is have Windows split the sound of the two screens to two different headsets,for example: Screen-A will send its sound to Headset-A and Screen-B will send its sound to Headset-B.If that's possible and someone might know how...
  3. How to have 2 different sound output devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have 2 different sound output devices: Alright, so I have 2 screens, and what I want to do is have Windows split the sound of the two screens to two different headsets,for example: Screen-A will send its sound to Headset-A and Screen-B will send its sound to Headset-B.If that's possible and someone might know how...
  4. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    output sound playing through input: Hello.I have a problem with my sound : when I play something on my headphone the mic catches it. for exemple if i have music and being on discord at the same time, the other guy in the call hears my music. I already tried to check if the "listen to device" options was...
  5. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    output sound playing through input: Hello.I have a problem with my sound : when I play something on my headphone the mic catches it. for exemple if i have music and being on discord at the same time, the other guy in the call hears my music. I already tried to check if the "listen to device" options was...
  6. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is it possible to pair 2 bluetooth headphones and output sound at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to pair 2 bluetooth headphones and output sound at the same time?: I have 2 pairs of Sony XM4 and I'm trying to find a way to pair both to windows so my partner and I can watch shows together. Using a 3.5mm splitter isn't ideal because the cables are short. From what I can see looking this up, it seems it's not possible because of how...
  8. 2 different sound outputs in Windows 10?

2 different sound outputs in Windows 10?: Hello, Is it possible to activate 2 sound outputs on 2 devices each? In my case, the question would be whether I could run Youtube or Spotify on my Bluetooth headphones and the audio from my video game on my USB headset. Both at the same time, logically enough. 2...
  9. Play sound through 2 usb devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Play sound through 2 usb devices: Hello, i was wondering if I am able to play sound through 2 different usb headsets. I know you can do it with the default computer sound source and a headset. But I'm looking to have sound coming through 2 separate headsets. The stereo mix setting only allows for a head jack...
  10. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...