Windows 10: How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

Discus and support How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't gift points to my family members...... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kadir Öztabak, Apr 30, 2023.

1. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

I can't gift points to my family members...

:)

Kadir Öztabak, Apr 30, 2023

2. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Apr 30, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do we gift point to other family members?

Hi Evan,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Microsoft removed the option to gift points to family members a while ago, they have not made any official announcement about that or if that option will be returning, we just need to wait to see if it does come back, but for now, it is not available.

DaveM121, Apr 30, 2023
  4. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

Hi Michael,

For us to isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• What is the exact error message?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 30, 2023
Thema:

How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

1. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me. - Similar Threads - gift points family

2. I cannot gift points to my family members.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot gift points to my family members.: Someone asked this and in reply, there was 2 links and explanation. But when I click community link ,it doesnt work and says 404 page not found. Please help me with this....
  3. I cannot gift points to my family members.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot gift points to my family members.: Someone asked this and in reply, there was 2 links and explanation. But when I click community link ,it doesnt work and says 404 page not found. Please help me with this....
  4. I cannot gift points to my family members.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.: I can't gift points to my family members... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gift-points-to-family-members-it-doesnt/4f348d6d-7341-4c1a-ac75-3cc35014b66e
  6. How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.

How to gift points to family members? It doesn't work for me.: I can't gift points to my family members... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gift-points-to-family-members-it-doesnt/4f348d6d-7341-4c1a-ac75-3cc35014b66e
  7. How do we gift point to other family members?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do we gift point to other family members?: I can't find anyway to gift points and every link doesn't work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-gift-point-to-other-family-members/9140ef8f-49e9-4874-92a9-cba5373bb5b8
  8. How do we gift point to other family members?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we gift point to other family members?: I can't find anyway to gift points and every link doesn't work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-gift-point-to-other-family-members/9140ef8f-49e9-4874-92a9-cba5373bb5b8
  9. How do we gift point to other family members?

10. Laptop gift from family member

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop gift from family member: Good day, Received a Laptop as a gift from my son who is not using it anymore. It has Windows 10 Home OS. I want to clean out all his old files and apps and make it my own , I have a Desktop and an old Laptop both with Windows 10 upgrades fro Windows 7. My old laptop has...