Windows 10: How to give a ".jar" command?

Discus and support How to give a ".jar" command? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am in the midst of transferring my iTunes playlists to an SD card and want to use the iTunes Export program (iTunes Export M3U Playist Exporter). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Dec 26, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

How to give a ".jar" command?

I am in the midst of transferring my iTunes playlists to an SD card and want to use the iTunes Export program (iTunes Export M3U Playist Exporter). It appears to to be simple to use, but one has to manually enter various commands on a command line. Here is an example of a command and how to use it; however, I'm not sure how to actually execute the command on Windows 10-where does one put the command?...I'm just not good at this stuff. Thanks.

iTunes Export Command Line

iTunes Export is a command line application that uses the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to execute. To use it, extract the downloaded zip file to a directory, open a command window and execute the following command:

java -jar itunesexport.jar

:)

flycaster, Dec 26, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Dec 26, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Dec 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you have java installed?

This is what happens if I type java at a command prompt:

How to give a ".jar" command? [​IMG]

Notice the reference to
    java -jar
    in the command format shown

dalchina, Dec 27, 2016
  5. flycaster Win User
    Thanks, but as I said, I'm not good at this stuff and really don't understand how to use. Where do I get the command prompt from? And, once I got it, do I just put in the line and Enter?

flycaster, Dec 27, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    There are several ways to launch a command prompt- really it can be like launching any program.

Here are some (and you can find these with a quick internet search)
    1. Windows key + X, click Command Prompt
    2. In Cortana's search box type
    command
    and you should see
    command prompt
    in the results.
    Click that.

Then at the > prompt type
    java ............ <return>
    where <return> is the enter or return key.

And again- do you have java installed? This won't work unless you do.
    https://www.java.com/en/download/hel...l_download.xml

dalchina, Dec 27, 2016
  7. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, Dec 27, 2016
  8. flycaster Win User

Yes, I have java and thanks for your guidance, however, I have been working with m3u_creator_acp.zip which becomes a .bat file that when placed into a folder (in my SD card) with mp3 files will create a playlist.m3u file. So far while testing this I have placed two folders on the SD, with each folder containing two songs (mp3 formats) copied from itunes and the bat files has created a playlist.m3u within each folder. I then placed the SD card into my car (MB C300 with Comand,) and it showed two playlist.m3u's. So to distinguish the two different playlists, I renamed them on the SD. However, the car's system still came up with "playlist.m3u" for both playlists and not their new names. And, this is where I am stymied.

flycaster, Dec 28, 2016
  9. flycaster Win User
    Yeah, I've used one of these apps...see my post above. Problem now is that I can't get the car to read the name of the playlists orther than their generic name - playlist.m3u. Otherwise, I get all to play.

flycaster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to give a ".jar" command? - Similar Threads - jar command

2. I can't execute .jar files at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't execute .jar files at all: good afternoon everyone, I can't open .jar files on my windows 11 laptop.I've tried most of the fixes that pop up online:-reinstalling Java;-opening as administrator with the JavaTM Platform SE Binary;-I have my system up to date;-I tried changing variables on the system...
  3. I can't execute .jar files at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't execute .jar files at all: good afternoon everyone, I can't open .jar files on my windows 11 laptop.I've tried most of the fixes that pop up online:-reinstalling Java;-opening as administrator with the JavaTM Platform SE Binary;-I have my system up to date;-I tried changing variables on the system...
  4. shimeji not showing when jar file opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shimeji not showing when jar file opened: i downloaded the zip file and extracted it, downloaded java. why can't i see my shimeji when the jar file's running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shimeji-not-showing-when-jar-file-opened/8addc836-c62c-4237-b6b3-c2e5f6594c4f
  5. shimeji not showing when jar file opened

shimeji not showing when jar file opened: i downloaded the zip file and extracted it, downloaded java. why can't i see my shimeji when the jar file's running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shimeji-not-showing-when-jar-file-opened/8addc836-c62c-4237-b6b3-c2e5f6594c4f
  6. Cannot Open .jar files

Cannot Open .jar files: I've been facing an issue on my Windows 11 system related to .jar files. Despite using the Jarfix tool, I'm still unable to open .jar files on my system.Here are some details:Operating System: Windows 11Tool Used: JarfixI've utilized Jarfix to fix the file association for...
  7. Cannot Open .jar files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open .jar files: I've been facing an issue on my Windows 11 system related to .jar files. Despite using the Jarfix tool, I'm still unable to open .jar files on my system.Here are some details:Operating System: Windows 11Tool Used: JarfixI've utilized Jarfix to fix the file association for...
  8. Hola, venia a preguntar como es que puedo hacer que mis archivos jar se ejecuten, ya...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hola, venia a preguntar como es que puedo hacer que mis archivos jar se ejecuten, ya...: y por mas que reinicio el equipo no agarra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hola-venia-a-preguntar-como-es-que-puedo-hacer-que/dba4b3f1-3633-4385-9a55-a086151d345b
  9. Hola, venia a preguntar como es que puedo hacer que mis archivos jar se ejecuten, ya...

Hola, venia a preguntar como es que puedo hacer que mis archivos jar se ejecuten, ya...: y por mas que reinicio el equipo no agarra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hola-venia-a-preguntar-como-es-que-puedo-hacer-que/dba4b3f1-3633-4385-9a55-a086151d345b
  10. My .jar apps opens in Illustrator adobe.

My .jar apps opens in Illustrator adobe.: My .jar apps opens into illustrator adobe. I accidentally made it the default program. I have tried to reset but it just won't reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-jar-apps-opens-in-illustrator-adobe/8eaed04c-c5e7-4ce8-abba-2dc7383755b8