Windows 10: How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host?

Discus and support How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running a small database on my localhost using the IP address found on my IPV4. This application is only used within my network, but I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardRossini, Jan 23, 2021.

1. How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host?

Hi,

I'm running a small database on my localhost using the IP address found on my IPV4. This application is only used within my network, but I wanted to give it a name instead of using the IP address.

Can you help me get that setup?

:)

RichardRossini, Jan 23, 2021

2. Choosing a Web Hosting service?

So I have a simple pure HTML website hand coded by me for a small business. It's a very simple website that we do not expect to get much traffic, but will serve as a place for customers to find out the address, phone number, hours, etc. of the business. I'm looking for an affordable host and domain name that will let me use FTP to upload HTML files. There's just so many hosts out there like GoDaddy, Just Host, and so many more out there. I have never setup a website before, so I'd like some pointers and recommendations on picking a host and a company for the domain name. Any suggestions are welcome.

Water Drop, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Building a Web Page Help

I am building a web page for my store and i admit its not my strong point. I have used Dreamweaver CS4 and the site when uploaded to the server does not show the frames i used to design the web page.

Any suggestions?

CybertechComputerz, Jan 23, 2021
  4. How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host?

Web Hosting Control Panels

I'm looking for some cheap web hosting.
    • A FOSS panel is fine
    • Shared hosting is fine
    • At least 3 MySql and email accounts would be nice
    • Apache w/ mod_php, mod_perl and mod_python would suit my needs *Smile How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host? :)
    • A CGI directory (for some scripts)
    • and a shell account w/ ssh access (many hosting accounts don't offer this, so it's a good niche)
    • I don't mind going offline for maintenance no and then *Smile How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host? :)
    • I'm in no rush and can be very flexible
    Give me a yell when your getting close to going live
    and maybe we can work something out *Big Grin How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host? :D

regexorcist, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host?

1. How to give a name to a small web page running on my local host? - Similar Threads - name small web

2. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  3. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  4. Web Pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New to O365 Hosting my web page here, but unable to create new users with my domain name - help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to O365 Hosting my web page here, but unable to create new users with my domain name - help: cannot create a new user with my domain name attached,, ir. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-to-o365-hosting-my-web-page-here-but-unable-to/c54223de-e5df-4833-b5a2-09c5e57b00a2
  6. Host name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Host name: Hi, sometimes PC users forgot to close a file, and I get error that file is on use. I use "networkopenedfiles-x64" but I find that some PC has an "host name", some other no. Where can I add this value to windows local properties? [ATTACH]...
  7. Web Hosting

Web Hosting: Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone could help me with hosting a WordPress website on my Windows computer... I have got Apache and MySQL running in the Xammp control panel but I get directed to a blue page that says "Internet Information Service" when I visit...
  8. Cannot load web pages on local area network

Cannot load web pages on local area network: I am encountering an annoying problem after updating to Windows 10 2004. I cannot access any web pages on my local network, e.g. router web page. [ATTACH] Description - Access to any web pages on my local area network is blocked, e.g. 192.168.1.1 - Access to my...
  9. Small page

in Browsers and Email
    Small page: I use Chrome . For the last few days, MSM page is so small that you can't read it. That's the only page that's like that. When I use IE it's OK. Any ideas? [img] 64853
  10. Small pages with Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Small pages with Edge: I set IE as my default. When I open anything with Edge the page is so tiny that I cant read it. Every page is a rectangle of about 2 inches wide and a little over 2 inches long. Has anyone run into the same problem or know how to correct it? 11213