Windows 10: how to give administrator rights without admin

Discus and support how to give administrator rights without admin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So with my pc I guess i didnt log in with the guest account when i first got it or something because my guest account has admin but my main account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jackson Oswald, May 25, 2024.

1. how to give administrator rights without admin

So with my pc I guess i didnt log in with the guest account when i first got it or something because my guest account has admin but my main account doesnt. I have looked up certain commands like i know how to get into recovery mode and use the console from there and i did the net user command to add localgroup administrator to my main but whenever i get this kinda like request for permissions by a trusted app battle.net probably trying to update a game it says i need to contiune with admin password and username which if there was a contiune i would hit it but there isnt. It says only a no b

:)

Jackson Oswald, May 25, 2024
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, May 25, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Admin rights?

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with windows 10, for some unexplained reason the photos app stopped working, the suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall this app, however the system reports that I do not have admin rights to perform this operation!

I wonder who does, I log into windows as an administrator and could do anything, this is a new problem since upgrading to windows 10 on my single user personal laptop.

I did find a community post showing the following instructions:

I request you to follow the below steps and disable in built admin account on the computer.

• Open Command Prompt in Admin mode.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:no

3.Close the elevated command prompt.

4.The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.

However all I get for my trouble is access denied error 5

So where do we go from here?

I am 66 already and cannot wait forever to sort this please help how to give administrator rights without admin ;)

PeterSimpsonSimo, May 25, 2024
  4. how to give administrator rights without admin

Loss of admin rights

enable built-in administrator account, and then create new admin account with admin rights, afterwards disable the builtin administrator account. next step download the media creator tool

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, May 25, 2024
Thema:

how to give administrator rights without admin

1. how to give administrator rights without admin - Similar Threads - administrator rights without

2. how to give administrator rights without admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to give administrator rights without admin: So i already had a post but he never responded again. Ill leave the link to the post so I can say where i left offhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-administrator-rights-without-admin/1cf34af9-20cb-4782-8d4d-71a7d32eee59...
  3. how to give administrator rights without admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to give administrator rights without admin: So i already had a post but he never responded again. Ill leave the link to the post so I can say where i left offhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-administrator-rights-without-admin/1cf34af9-20cb-4782-8d4d-71a7d32eee59...
  4. how to give administrator rights without admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to give administrator rights without admin: So i have a old post about this and ill just leave the leak to leave off where i started.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_account/how-to-give-administrator-rights-without-admin/57cc9155-53a3-4dc8-82c5-44631267a123?page=2Main problem is i...
  5. how to give administrator rights without admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to give administrator rights without admin: So i have a old post about this and ill just leave the leak to leave off where i started.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_account/how-to-give-administrator-rights-without-admin/57cc9155-53a3-4dc8-82c5-44631267a123?page=2Main problem is i...
  6. how to give administrator rights without admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to give administrator rights without admin: So with my pc I guess i didnt log in with the guest account when i first got it or something because my guest account has admin but my main account doesnt. I have looked up certain commands like i know how to get into recovery mode and use the console from there and i did the...
  7. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  8. How to Give Admin Rights To Certain Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Give Admin Rights To Certain Programs: I have 2 accounts in my system. Admin Account and Staff Account.What a want is that I have an application.exe that access certain files in file system. That files i can also directly access through File System in window through Admin Login. But Staff Account don't have access...
  9. How to give myself admin rights with cmd, without having any kind of admin rights already...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give myself admin rights with cmd, without having any kind of admin rights already...: Hey, so yea, the title pretty much describes it. Btw. I am not trying to hack, I am just playing around with the commands. Also, if it is not possible, is there anything that would let me execute stuff like "Netsh interface set interface Wi-Fi disable" or something like that,...
  10. Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`: I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can. I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a...