Windows 10: How To Give Computer/Windows License To My Son

Discus and support How To Give Computer/Windows License To My Son in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All I have just built myself a new computer with a new Windows 10 License. My old computer is a pretty decent Core i7-4770 computer which I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sujayv_au, Jun 18, 2020.

1. sujayv_au Win User

How To Give Computer/Windows License To My Son

Hi All

I have just built myself a new computer with a new Windows 10 License. My old computer is a pretty decent Core i7-4770 computer which I would like to give to my son.

Reformatting and clean installing Windows is not my problem. My problem is I do not know how to disassociate the Windows 10 Pro license key from my Microsoft account so that my son can use his Microsoft account to log into the computer. My license is not an OEM or at least I don't think so. It was purchased as a Windows 8 license from Microsoft directly when they offered a special price when Windows 8 was released. It has since been upgraded regularly to the latest and greatest Windows available.

Could someone please help me understand how to disassociate the license key from my Microsoft Account so that my son can "take over" the license?

Thanking everyone in advance for any assistance provided.

Kind regards

:)

sujayv_au, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Solene R. Win User
    I can not accept the changed licensing agreement for my son.

Hello THDx10,

Thanks for your post.

I understand that you can not accept terms and conditions for your son account.

I suggest that you login Xbox.com with your account and with your son's account as well.

Does your son under 18?

Did you follow the steps as proposed in this link below?

How to Set Up 'My Family' on Windows Phone 8! (A Guide)

Waiting for your reply,

Regards

Solene R., Jun 18, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that one license key is valid only for one hardware. However you can try the steps mentioned below to check if that helps. Make sure that you have the 25-alpha numeric product key (Retail version). Here are some steps that you can follow:

Step 1: Uninstall the key from your Mac (Bootcamp). To uninstall the license key, follow the steps mentioned bellow:

1. Open command prompt (search CMD on start menu) and run it as administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /upk
    3. The following command will uninstall the product key from your Bootcamp partition.

Step 2: Install the product key on new Computer.

1. Open Run (Windows Key + R) and then type: SLUI 3
    2. You will be prompted to enter the product key.
    3. Please type the product key and try to activate it.

Step 3: If step 2 does not work, then you will need to install the product key manually and perform phone activation.

1. Open Command prompt once again and run it administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Note: replace XXXXX with the product key.
    3. Once you receive a confirmation prompt that the product key has been installed.
    4. Close the Command prompt Window.
    5. Now open Run (Windows Key + R) and type SLUI 4.
    6. Then choose your country and click on Next and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How To Give Computer/Windows License To My Son - Similar Threads - Computer License Son

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license to my sons new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license to my sons new computer: I own a valid Windows 10 Pro license with the associated product key from a already broken Dell laptop. It looks like this license ist tied to my Microsoft account.I wanted to use this license for my sons new gaming PC. But I am not able to activate the installed WIndows 10...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license to my sons new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license to my sons new computer: I own a valid Windows 10 Pro license with the associated product key from a already broken Dell laptop. It looks like this license ist tied to my Microsoft account.I wanted to use this license for my sons new gaming PC. But I am not able to activate the installed WIndows 10...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license to my sons new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSDO issues with my sons computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSDO issues with my sons computer.: My sons computer gets BSOD:Please note:this on a clean new install of windows 10no overclockingAll drivers and bios updated including clean install of nvidia driversRun memory checks with windows memory diagnostic check, memtest86 and memtext - all say memory is OKChecked CPU...
  6. How do i change ownership of my computer to my son?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i change ownership of my computer to my son?: How do i change ownership of my computer to my son? When he signs into the computer under his own passwords, he still sees all my activity....
  7. My son is now the admin on my computer and idk how it happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My son is now the admin on my computer and idk how it happened: Hello all like the title says, some how my son is now the admin on my computer and I have no idea how to change it. I added his account to the Xbox app so he can play his games and some how it changed in the Microsoft store I guess the computer. I've created a new account and...
  8. Give game purchased to my son

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give game purchased to my son: Hello, I purchased Minecraft Dungeon Hero Edition for my son's birthday using my Microsoft Account. I can see the purchase in my Microsoft Account order history. However, I cannot install the software. I am logged into the Microsoft Store but do not see the game listed in...
  9. Giving my son full permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving my son full permissions: How do i take all the restrictions off for my son? My son cant even add his friends in minecraft or on his xbox PC version account. I have flipped all the things off that i can find in microsoft family settings and he still cannont add friends cause of the set up nor go into...
  10. computer locked(using my son's computer)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    computer locked(using my son's computer): my computer will not work after the update for win 10.all i get is the recycle bin,unable to use the start button to go in and do a recovery..please help...not impressed...