Windows 10: how to give G Mail account permission to sync with this device desktop

Discus and support how to give G Mail account permission to sync with this device desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 9.03.2020 I could not send or get gmail in Inbox on desktop, but gmail account working perfectly on tablet; I removed gmail from the desktop and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob and RosemarySpiller, Mar 9, 2020.

1. how to give G Mail account permission to sync with this device desktop

9.03.2020 I could not send or get gmail in Inbox on desktop, but gmail account working perfectly on tablet; I removed gmail from the desktop and tried to reinstall, but banner message suggests I need to sync on this device desktop. Where will I do this?

:)

Bob and RosemarySpiller, Mar 9, 2020
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Mar 9, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

Hi.
    I don't use the mail app, but I am pretty sure you need to add the email accounts on each device before they can sync.
    Logging into a device with your MS account will allow settings to sync, but not mail, until you set it up.

simrick, Mar 9, 2020
  4. gpwill Win User

how to give G Mail account permission to sync with this device desktop

Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

Does anyone know if its possible to sync mail accounts from one device to another in W10? Using the mail app, configured 3 mail accounts on one computer. Was expecting the accounts to show up on my other W10 computer with sync on. Logging in with the same M$ account on both devices. Themes, backgrounds, etc sync up no problem.

Thanks in advance.

gpwill, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

how to give G Mail account permission to sync with this device desktop

1. how to give G Mail account permission to sync with this device desktop - Similar Threads - Mail account permission

2. Account permission to sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account permission to sync: Split from this thread.I am using windows 10 and it tell me when I add a new email "account permission to sync to this device" what do I need to do. my emails are with BellAliant.net...
  3. How to give Gmail the access to sync in this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to give Gmail the access to sync in this device: I couldn;t send email using my gmail account in windwos mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-gmail-the-access-to-sync-in-this/b2d46c1a-8633-443a-9899-50fa295f5475
  4. how do I get my accounts permission to sync to this device

how do I get my accounts permission to sync to this device: How do I get BT account permission to sync to this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-accounts-permission-to-sync-to/1de80a92-b46c-43cd-99a4-b2b6cb8d57e5
  5. mail: give the account permission to sync to this device

mail: give the account permission to sync to this device: give the account permission to sync to this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-give-the-account-permission-to-sync-to-this/000b5602-110d-4466-830d-5ff6f871b686
  6. How to give permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to give permissions?: how to give permissions ***Modified title from: permissions*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-permissions/352a0774-3311-4047-8075-a58cce77ef8e
  7. Syncing an older g mail account to my mail box. One outlook one gmail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing an older g mail account to my mail box. One outlook one gmail.: I am attempting or have been for weeks to linkan old gmail account to my microsoft account. I keep getting messages that my gmail settings are out of date, thus I have to connect to google to open this mailbox. I have read all your instructions and it doesn't seem to work...
  8. G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?: Hi, I have a new laptop with G-Sync but I cannot see anywhere in the Nvidia Control Panel where I can turn this feature on or off... Some older tutorials point to a Display option in the Nvidia Control Panel but I only have the 3D Settings option... So how do I see the...
  9. Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Account Sync Across Devices: Does anyone know if its possible to sync mail accounts from one device to another in W10? Using the mail app, configured 3 mail accounts on one computer. Was expecting the accounts to show up on my other W10 computer with sync on. Logging in with the same M$ account on both...
  10. G-Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G-Sync: Whats up guys? how do i confirm that gsync is currently working? like ive been having trouble with it. in CP i have it set to full screen apps, and in global 3d settings, i have screen set to G-sync, and V-sync is set to app controlled and off in games. from what i read, this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. give account permission to sync this device

2. account permission to sync gmail

3. how to give account permission to sync gmail

4. give the account permission to sync gmail,
  5. how to give gmail permission to sync,
  6. how to get gmail to give permission to sync with outlook,
  7. how to give microsoft permission to synch gmail,
  8. Gmail permission to sync thise device Win 10,
  9. give the account permission to sync device,
  10. how do i give google account permission to sync to my laptop,
  11. give gmail account permission to sync with windows 10 email client,