Windows 10: How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...

Discus and support How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m working on organizing my programs and files on my new PC and every time I’m messing with the program files it tells me I need an admin password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tuckertcs, Jan 2, 2020.

1. How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...

I’m working on organizing my programs and files on my new PC and every time I’m messing with the program files it tells me I need an admin password (can I turn this off since I’m already logged in as admin?) but after I put it in I still can’t because I “don’t have permissions”.

Googling this came up with a solution to right click the folder properties and give me permissions. But that’s all greeted out, and even then is like to do it all at once instead of folder by folder.

Is there a way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Tuckertcs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tuckertcs, Jan 2, 2020

2. How to Customize File Sharing Permissions to Create/Modify/Delete FILES... but not FOLDERS?

Hello. I need to customize a shared folder on my network so that one user (Reba) can create, append, modify, delete all FILES within that folder and subfolders... but Reba should not be able to create or delete the FOLDERS.

I've tested various configurations, and the closest I've been able to come is to create
    TWO sets of Advanced permissions for Reba:

1. The first instance of Reba, is ALLOWED, applied to "This folders and subfolders,"

• Traverse folder / execute file
    • List folder / read data
    • Read attributes
    • Read extended attributes
    • Create files / write data
    • Write attributes
    • Write extended attributes
    • Delete subfolders and files
    • Read permissions
    But Reba is DENIED permissions of:

• Full control
    • Create folders / append data
    • Delete
    • Change permissions
    • Take ownership

2. The second instance of Reba, is ALLOWED, applied to "Files Only:"

• Traverse folder / execute file
    • List folder / read data
    • Read attributes
    • Read extended attributes
    • Create files / write data
    • Create folders / append data
    • Write attributes
    • Write extended attributes
    • Delete subfolders and files
    • Delete
    • Read permissions
    But Reba is DENIED permissions of:

• Full control
    • Change permissions
    • Take ownership

The above configuration does deny Reba the ability to create folders/subfolders... but ALLOWs her to delete folders (which I do NOT want her to be able to do).

DMGonzalez-Web, Jan 2, 2020
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData... :(

lyndonguitar, Jan 2, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...

Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

So I am trying to delete a folder from my secondary HDD called .Trash-999 that is from and ubuntu bootdisk. I managed to do it on the c:\ drive, but on my d:\ drive i am getting an error telling me that i don;t have permission to delete it.

I recently had a problem with windows permissions and fixed it on the c:\ drive with a windows re-install but i accidentally set up windows on d:\ The files contained within are from a mistaken windows install, which i tried to delete through ubuntu, it seems that ubuntu was able to move the files to the trash, but unable to delete them entirely.
    When i go to security on the folder, it tells me that i don't have permission to do this action. although the permissions on the folder gives re/write to everyone. However, when i go to the individual folders in there, no one has permission and when i try to give permission i get an access denied message.

Update - I just found a nifty little program that adds a take ownership option to the right click menu, this has allowed me to (finally) delete all the folders/files i need to.

silkstone, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...

1. How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData... - Similar Threads - full permissions delete

2. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  3. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  4. Default group permissions for ProgramData folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default group permissions for ProgramData folder?: Can someone list the default permissions for the C:\ProgramData\ folder for the following groups?- CREATOR OWNER- SYSTEM- Administrators- UsersThanks!...
  5. Default group permissions for ProgramData folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default group permissions for ProgramData folder?: Can someone list the default permissions for the C:\ProgramData\ folder for the following groups?- CREATOR OWNER- SYSTEM- Administrators- UsersThanks!...
  6. Giving my son full permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving my son full permissions: How do i take all the restrictions off for my son? My son cant even add his friends in minecraft or on his xbox PC version account. I have flipped all the things off that i can find in microsoft family settings and he still cannont add friends cause of the set up nor go into...
  7. Permission to delete file and folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  8. How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?: I made a new WindowsApps folder in D:\ and took over the ownership with "Take ownership context menu" hack from this Article. I'm able to see the files inside but unable to write. I only have one game inside the D:\WindowsApps folder called World of Tanks Blitz so it's not...
  9. Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData: I am unable to change permissions on the Folder C:\ProgramData\NVIDA Corporation to allow Modify and/or Full control in order to let NVIDIA Control Panel settings to be saved! This is in Windows 10 Professional. I have run File Explorer as administrator! I require some...
  10. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder: I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission... There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ? Thank Hispa 11933