Windows 10: How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive

Discus and support How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am really confused about this. When I create an Open Office Document, then make a copy of that same Document and put it into my C Drive, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ClaudiaThompson, Mar 31, 2020.

1. How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive

Hello,

I am really confused about this. When I create an Open Office Document, then make a copy of that same Document and put it into my C Drive, it says I can only open it and Read Only. I cannot edit it.

I am having the same problems often with my files. How do I once and for all make it where I can use my own Files on my Computer?

:)

ClaudiaThompson, Mar 31, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Mar 31, 2020
  3. how to delete file on c drive? need permission

i accidently save something to c drive. when i try to delete it says need admin permission. how do i delete it?

i am on a computer that dont have any account only 1 and thats me. main one is me. 1 account.

HiddenStupid, Mar 31, 2020
  4. How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive

how to delete file on c drive? need permission

man this i a hassle. i tried like instructed from the link. went to user group to add admin and it just denied access. ill try the file assassin.

wow this is weird. i reboot and the file is gone! and hdd space is freed! i dont know how it happend but great!

HiddenStupid, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive

1. How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive - Similar Threads - Myself permission own

2. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  3. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  4. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give myself access to my own folder?: Whenever I try to open/delete one of my folders it pops up with a message saying "windows cannot open the folder, access to the compressed zipped folder is denied" and doesn't let me do anything, for example, i cant see the security settings because I don't have...
  5. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

How do I give myself access to my own folder?: Whenever I try to open/delete one of my folders it pops up with a message saying "windows cannot open the folder, access to the compressed zipped folder is denied" and doesn't let me do anything, for example, i cant see the security settings because I don't have...
  6. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Several Windows functions broken after giving myself permissions to the entire C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Windows functions broken after giving myself permissions to the entire C: drive: I recently went into the permissions for my C: drive, made myself the owner over TrustedInstaller, gave myself Full Control permissions, applied that to all subfolders and files and ignored any 'access is denied' messages during the application process. Since then, lots of...
  8. Several Windows functions broken after giving myself permissions to the entire C: drive

Several Windows functions broken after giving myself permissions to the entire C: drive: I recently went into the permissions for my C: drive, made myself the owner over TrustedInstaller, gave myself Full Control permissions, applied that to all subfolders and files and ignored any 'access is denied' messages during the application process. Since then, lots of...
  9. How to give global permission for 'TrustedInstaller" owned files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give global permission for 'TrustedInstaller" owned files.: Hey, I just recently got a SSD, installed windows on it, and all that junk. I have some important stuff that needs to stay on my other drive. I wanted to delete the windows folder on my old drive to free up some space, but in doing so it won't let me saying I need to get...
  10. Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions: Okay so... I was talking to a Microsoft service person via direct message last night. They had me change the permissions on my C Drive, so I can fix the "all my new folders are stuck on "Read Only" issue. BUT something went wrong.... And now I don't have permission to...