Windows 10: how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

Discus and support how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, Last night I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home because of some corrupted files. While in the process of setting up I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016.

1. how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

Good morning,

Last night I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home because of some corrupted files. While in the process of setting up I selected to connect to the Internet with my 'Wifi' connection. Prior to reinstalling Win 10 I had always used my 'Ethernet' connection

My Ethernet is still wired but I can't figure out how to enable that and disable my 'wireless' connection?

Any easy to understand directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 - WiFi doesnt work - Intel (R) Centrino (R) Advanced N-6205

Problem solved.

as described by IrvingAJ, I reinstalled win10 by windows update while connected via Ethernet. After the upgrade installed it updated the wifi adapter driver - I don't know from what source. When upgrade cycles completed, I unplugged Ethernet and wifi worked.
    Has been working constantly with no issues for going on 3 days.

theJasonBarrett, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Reg Woods Win User
    Windows 10 Prohibits Metered Connection in Parallels 10/11

I have successfully upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Parallels 10.

However, when I attempted to configure Win10 for Update Only On Metered Connection, I discovered that the Parallels connection to the Mac WiFi appears to Windows 10 as an Ethernet connection and not WiFi. Win10 apparently will not permit a metered connection
    to be established on an Ethernet connection - only on a WiFi connection. If this is so, then I cannot configure Windows 10 for a Metered Connection and would suffer great extra data expense for being unable to delay Updates until I can get to a free WiFi
    connection.

This is outrageous, if true.

Is there a workaround that would enable me to manage my Update downloads?

Any help will be appreciated as I would hate to have to dump Windows and go to an all-Mac system.

Thanks.

Reg Woods, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

Once you plug in the ethernet cable it should switch over from wifi to LAN automatically.

Plankton, Oct 20, 2016
  5. Hi Plankton,

That worked! *Party

I appreciate your fast and informative response.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

1. how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home? - Similar Threads - WiFi Connection Ethernet

2. Home wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home wifi connection: Im a little confused, my home wifi connection is set to Guest/Public with network discovery off and with file and printer sharing off. Shouldn't it be set to Private instead and with what on/off for network discovery and file/printer sharing? I don't really know, but I just...
  3. will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet

will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet: Hello, my windows 10 computer was fine and running well, now suddenly after I moved it will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet. I've replaced my WiFi card and the old one (only about a year old) works perfectly in another computer. When I run the diagnostic it tells me...
  4. Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet: Hi, I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network. However I cannot seem to stop the Ethernet Connection from automatically turning the WiFi off. I have tried changing the...
  5. Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...

Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...: Please help! new computer will only connect by Wi-Fi. Need to connect by hardline Ethernet cable for gaming. 1) cable is good works with Xbox 2) ran trouble shooter - windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy setting. 3) ran network adapter trouble...
  6. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  7. Cannot connect on Ethernet in Win10

Cannot connect on Ethernet in Win10: I cannot seem to connect on Ethernet though Wi-Fi works OK. I have seen several articles about ethernet problems with Win10 and perhaps you can help me sort this out. CABLING First the network config: Two notebooks, C and D are plugged into a switch and the switch...
  8. win10 disables home wifi

win10 disables home wifi: i have 1- desktop- win10 gateway DHCP 2-laptop win10 LAN static IP 3-laptop WIN8 wifi 4- 2 phones and a tablet WIFI 5- broadcom, LAN and WIFI router 6- samsung TV- LAN static IP model LA40D55 connected by HDMI to win10 laptop(2) every time the win10 laptop(2) is on...
  9. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi: Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections? 83525
  10. Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue: Hi guys. Bit of a "first world problem" here i know but it is slightly irritating and really would appreciate any help There is 2 computers and 2 virgin superhubs in the house i live in (not both mine) both ethernet connected. Occasionally i have to unplug my superhub and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to go from Wifi to ethernet