Windows 10: how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

Discus and support how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, Last night I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home because of some corrupted files. While in the process of setting up I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016.

1. how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

Good morning,

Last night I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home because of some corrupted files. While in the process of setting up I selected to connect to the Internet with my 'Wifi' connection. Prior to reinstalling Win 10 I had always used my 'Ethernet' connection

My Ethernet is still wired but I can't figure out how to enable that and disable my 'wireless' connection?

Any easy to understand directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 - WiFi doesnt work - Intel (R) Centrino (R) Advanced N-6205

Problem solved.

as described by IrvingAJ, I reinstalled win10 by windows update while connected via Ethernet. After the upgrade installed it updated the wifi adapter driver - I don't know from what source. When upgrade cycles completed, I unplugged Ethernet and wifi worked.
    Has been working constantly with no issues for going on 3 days.

theJasonBarrett, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Reg Woods Win User
    Windows 10 Prohibits Metered Connection in Parallels 10/11

I have successfully upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Parallels 10.

However, when I attempted to configure Win10 for Update Only On Metered Connection, I discovered that the Parallels connection to the Mac WiFi appears to Windows 10 as an Ethernet connection and not WiFi. Win10 apparently will not permit a metered connection
    to be established on an Ethernet connection - only on a WiFi connection. If this is so, then I cannot configure Windows 10 for a Metered Connection and would suffer great extra data expense for being unable to delay Updates until I can get to a free WiFi
    connection.

This is outrageous, if true.

Is there a workaround that would enable me to manage my Update downloads?

Any help will be appreciated as I would hate to have to dump Windows and go to an all-Mac system.

Thanks.

Reg Woods, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

Once you plug in the ethernet cable it should switch over from wifi to LAN automatically.

Plankton, Oct 20, 2016
  5. Hi Plankton,

That worked! *Party

I appreciate your fast and informative response.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

1. how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home? - Similar Threads - WiFi Connection Ethernet

2. How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?: My work computer PC does not allow for wifi connection and only allows ethernet connection. This is fine when I'm at home. While traveling, what device can I use to connect to a hotel's wifi, while using my ethernet cable, but without being able to download drivers into my...
  3. How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?: My work computer PC does not allow for wifi connection and only allows ethernet connection. This is fine when I'm at home. While traveling, what device can I use to connect to a hotel's wifi, while using my ethernet cable, but without being able to download drivers into my...
  4. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  5. ethernet & WIFI connections

ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  6. ethernet & WIFI connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  7. Ethernet or Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  8. No WIFI or Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No WIFI or Ethernet connection: I have just built a new computer and downloaded an older version of Windows 10 from a USB I had laying around with the intention of updating the system to the newest version of Windows 10, however, I cannot connect to either WIFI or Ethernet meaning that I cannot just update...
  9. Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...

Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...: Please help! new computer will only connect by Wi-Fi. Need to connect by hardline Ethernet cable for gaming. 1) cable is good works with Xbox 2) ran trouble shooter - windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy setting. 3) ran network adapter trouble...
  10. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi: Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections? 83525

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to go from Wifi to ethernet