Windows 10: How to go to previous build of Windows 10?

Discus and support How to go to previous build of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to 1903 despite everyone warning against it (really because there is no way to restart the PC without updating) and I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZacharyLeposa, Aug 21, 2019.

1. How to go to previous build of Windows 10?

I recently updated to 1903 despite everyone warning against it (really because there is no way to restart the PC without updating) and I've been getting constant BSoD's about memory corruption and driver failure. As far as I know this is one of the things that happen when you update to 1903 so I wanted to go back.

I updated yesterday, but in the recovery options the roll back option says I updated over 10 days ago and I can't downgrade the Windows 10 build. I couldn't find another way to do it because literally every single search result that showed me how to do it told me to use the recovery option.

(I tested my memory for 5 hours and there is nothing wrong with it. It sucks that everything I use and 90% of the games I play run on Windows only, otherwise I would sell my PC immediately and get an iMac.)

:)

ZacharyLeposa, Aug 21, 2019

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

How to go to previous build of Windows 10?

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

How to go to previous build of Windows 10?

1. How to go to previous build of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - previous build

2. Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...: I have been trying to access windows threats and securities for 2 months now and it does not open for no reason. It sates, "Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT...
  3. Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...: I have been trying to access windows threats and securities for 2 months now and it does not open for no reason. It sates, "Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  5. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  6. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build: Hello, I have updated to windows 20H2 a week ago and I have had issues since then : - video and audio stuttering on Youtube, Netflix, Spotify, anything... no network issues and sometimes in online games - issues in the windows explorer right-click might make it crash and...
  8. Windows Defender in Previous builds of Windows 10 was Better

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender in Previous builds of Windows 10 was Better: When I used windows 10 at the beginning of Win10 Versions it was having a better Defender than the last few Months Upgrades I mean when the defender is an application, not in settings. it was stronger but now a lot of bugs and weaker, now when it catches a virus it...
  9. How to format older drive with previous install vs new PC build Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to format older drive with previous install vs new PC build Win 10: Hi I am doing my first A to Z PC build. I know what to expect generally speaking since I did clean Windows 10 install on my current tower a couple times. However I am frankenstein-ing pieces between old and new build and I don't know how to format the older Windows already...
  10. How can I roll back to the previous build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I roll back to the previous build?: My laptop with somewhat good specs (Core i7, 8th gen, 8GB RAM, and a HDD) has been extremely slow since the update, it takes like 8 minutes to boot up, and then, like another 15 minutes to stop having 100% Disk usage (on Task Manager and Resource Monitor it says it's System...