Windows 10: How to gracefully shutdown virtualbox.exe before windows shutdown?

Discus and support How to gracefully shutdown virtualbox.exe before windows shutdown? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am looking for the solution to gracefully shutdown one of the existing service/process before the windows shutdown event being triggered. T he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Saravanan Ramaraj, Apr 24, 2019.

1. How to gracefully shutdown virtualbox.exe before windows shutdown?

Hi,

I am looking for the solution to gracefully shutdown one of the existing service/process before the windows shutdown event being triggered. T

he issue is whenever i call the batch file(which invokes the shutdown of the VirtualBoxManager.exe) during shutdown event, it kills the process and this results the state of the VM will become Abort.

However we would like to shutdown the running process (and it will take upto 10-30 seconds) before actually invoke the windows shutdown.

We are able to acheive the auto-startup using Startup event, however we cannot get this done gracefully through shutdown event.

is there way to execute the script (to perform graceful shutdown of VM) and delay the windows shutdown event for a while and invoke the window shutdown next.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Saran

:)

Saravanan Ramaraj, Apr 24, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Apr 24, 2019
  3. PuB_Evo Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

How to gracefully shutdown virtualbox.exe before windows shutdown? DirectX.jpg

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Weer Win User

How to gracefully shutdown virtualbox.exe before windows shutdown?

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Thema:

How to gracefully shutdown virtualbox.exe before windows shutdown?

1. How to gracefully shutdown virtualbox.exe before windows shutdown? - Similar Threads - gracefully shutdown virtualbox

2. Shutdown not really shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown not really shutdown: After years of useing windows shutdown Dose not shutdown the machine however it do like sleep option without sleep lol, fastboot killing my hdd drive and i got startup and shutdown issus becouse of it whatever know that it would really shutdown when u turn fastboot option off...
  3. Unamed exe preventing shutdown sometimes 2, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unamed exe preventing shutdown sometimes 2, Windows 10: When I shut down my Windows 10 pc I am greeted by a familiar screen saying "An app is preventing you shutting down". The details shows what looks to be the exe icon followed by no name. This has been happening very regularly and I do not know why. I have done many sfc scans...
  4. Unamed exe preventing shutdown sometimes 2, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unamed exe preventing shutdown sometimes 2, Windows 10: When I shut down my Windows 10 pc I am greeted by a familiar screen saying "An app is preventing you shutting down". The details shows what looks to be the exe icon followed by no name. This has been happening very regularly and I do not know why. I have done many sfc scans...
  5. Shutdown

Shutdown: So I am about to power off my laptop... it says update and shutdown so I clicked on it and instead it says restarting. The laptop then comes off but I can still hear the notification sounds even though it is "off". Please assist....
  6. Windows 10 Reminder Before Shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Reminder Before Shutdown: I have a pretty awesome sound system that I use with my computer. However, it goes via mains and is turned on manually when one needs to use it. The manufacturer recommends turning it off when not in use and I often forget about it, and leave it on for a whole day or more. I...
  7. Windows Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Shutdown: Hi, I have updated my windows to v2004 few days back. When ever I try to full shutdownDisabled Fast Startup my laptop, screen goes off and about 5 secs letter it shutdowns. Rebooting and shutdown are taking way longer than before. Is this a windows issue or it has to...
  8. Windows shutdown

Windows shutdown: When i trying to shutdown the my dell latitude e6510 laptop ,the power button and the fan still runs continiously. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shutdown/95cadf52-3a79-4b00-918a-e7e44f293e6f
  9. Shutdown

Shutdown: How can I stop my PC restarting itself after shutdown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown/e5418f11-7483-4d0b-85d8-e8e622d3587d
  10. Windows shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shutdown: Hello guys , since Fall creators update the shutdown is very strange. The thing im tryn to look on now , its that it restores whatever it was opened . Let's say we'll shutdown with 2 opened tabs in chrome, it will restore them on boot . I did unchecked hybrid sleep and i did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualbox execute script after shutdown virtual machuine

2. how to shut down virtualbox

3. force virtual box vm to shut down gracefully when closing window

4. virtual box host graceful shutdown,
  5. batch file shutdown virtual box,
  6. windows script to gracefully shutdown virtualbox vm