Windows 10: How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied...

Discus and support How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I have a folder on a server that has an explicit deny for a certain OU but want to give one person, that is in that OU, access to that folder. Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KOD_NT, Jun 22, 2020.

1. KOD_NT Win User

How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied...

So I have a folder on a server that has an explicit deny for a certain OU but want to give one person, that is in that OU, access to that folder. Is there a way to make a exception for that user or a way to override the deny that is in the security permissions for that specific user?

:)

KOD_NT, Jun 22, 2020

2. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

Probably not, but if its a windows 10 pro machine you could try creating new groups for the users and trying to give those groups permissions over the top folder while setting the security permissions to also deny access for the opposite group. Perhaps you could even skip the part about taking ownership or permissions and simply deny the opposite group access to the other's folders.

SpatialAnomaly, Jun 22, 2020
  3. destination folder access denied

Hello Tearlessaxis874, I'm sorry that method didn't help you. I have another method that can help you grant permission to all your users since its telling you that you dont have permission even though you are the admin.

Locate the file or folder on which you want to take ownership in windows explorer

Right click on file or folder and select “Properties” from Context Menu

Click on Security tab

Click on “Advance”

Now click on Owner tab in Advance Security Settings for User windows

Click on Edit Button and select user from given Change Owner to list if user or group is not in given list then click on other users or groups. Enter name of user/group and click ok.

Now select User/group and click apply and ok. (Check “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” if you have files and folder within selected folder)

Click ok when Windows Security Prompt is displayed

Now Owner name must have changed.

Now click Ok to exist from Properties windows

Once you have taken the ownership of file or folder

Grant Permissions to everyone-

Go to C:\Users\ and then click right click on folder "Your user name" and chooseproperties.

Then go to the security tab and click Edit then clickAdd => Advanced.

If you click on advanced now click on Find Now and chooseEveryone and click Ok.

Then again click Ok and now click onAllow => Full control => Ok.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you create a new user account with administrator rights and then try to perform the changes and check if the steps work for you -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/Cre...

I hope this solves your issue. Thank you and good luck. Regards -

Irisdiel H, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied...

Second user account access to files (documents, pictures) as on primary user account with WIndows 10

Hi,

Groups or users that are granted Full Control permission for a folder can delete files and subfolders within that folder, regardless of the permissions that protect the files and subfolders. If the check boxes under Permissions for <User or Group> are shaded
    or if the Remove button is unavailable, the file or folder has inherited permissions from the parent folder. When adding a new user or group, by default, this user or group will have Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read permissions.

Setting File and Folder Permissions

To set permissions for files and folders, follow these steps:

• In Windows Explorer, right-click the file or folder you want to work with.

• From the pop-up menu, select Properties, and then in the Properties dialog box click the Security tab, shown in Figure 13-12.

• Users or groups that already have access to the file or folder are listed in the Name list box. You can change permissions for these users and groups by doing the following:

• Select the user or group you want to change.

• Use the Permissions list box to grant or deny access permissions.
      Tip Inherited permissions are shaded. If you want to override an inherited permission, select the opposite permission.

• To set access permissions for additional users, contacts, computers, or groups, click Add. This displays the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box shown in Figure 13-13.

How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied... IC45683.gif

Figure 13-12: Use the Security tab to configure basic permissions for the file or folder.

• Use the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box to select the users, computers, or groups for which you want to set access permissions. You can use the fields of this dialog box as follows:

• Look In This drop-down list box allows you to access account names from other domains. Click Look In to see a list of the current domain, trusted domains, and other resources that you can access. Select
        Entire Directory to view all the account names in the folder.

• Name This column shows the available accounts of the currently selected domain or resource.

• Add This button adds selected names to the selection list.

• Check Names This button validates the user, contact, and group names entered into the selection list. This is useful if you type names in manually and want to make sure they're available.

• In the Name list box, select the user, computer, or group you want to configure, and then use the fields in the Permissions area to allow or deny permissions. Repeat for other users, computers, or groups.

• Click OK when you're finished.

For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied... - Similar Threads - grant user access

2. AD Security Groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD Security Groups: I need to create a new Security Group in On-Prem ADThis group will be included with domain users members, and i need to exclude domain admin group and service account group members.Can you help me on this ?...
  3. AD Security Groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD Security Groups: I need to create a new Security Group in On-Prem ADThis group will be included with domain users members, and i need to exclude domain admin group and service account group members.Can you help me on this ?...
  4. Denying Access to a Folder, for one Family Win10 User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denying Access to a Folder, for one Family Win10 User: I am interested in denying access to a particular folder on my Window 10 PC. I right-clicked on the folder, chose the security tab, but then I saw "Users" but it didn't list any users....
  5. Grant a member of the User's group Temporary access to a folder that normally requires...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Grant a member of the User's group Temporary access to a folder that normally requires...: If a user wants to access a folder that requires Admin privileges it prompts for a Admin password. But entering the password and granting the permission makes that permission permanent. Is there a way to grant it temporarily, that will expire when the user closes the folder?...
  6. Allow AD group to access one software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow AD group to access one software: Hey reddit! I have a situation where I am deploying out a bunch of computers. On these computers a software will be installed. This software requires my company to have licenses per user. BUT, the actual software only needs one key license to work. Problem: How do I only...
  7. Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home: Hello, I would like to use this feature as I know it is buried deep inside Windows 10 Home Edition but when I launch the lusrmgr.msc control panel it tells me that the snapin cannot be used with this version of Windows and to use the User Accounts CP. I can see that the...
  8. How to access a denied folder

How to access a denied folder: In folder c:\users\Number_6, I know there's a folder called Start Menu. But that folder does not show up when I use File Explorer. when I use Agent Ransack to show all folders named Start Menu, it brings up that folder; but when I double-click on that entry when Agent...
  9. Does any one know how to grant access to remote users

Does any one know how to grant access to remote users: Does any one know how to grant access to remote users its a set of key stokes I just cant remember [img] 86602
  10. "Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    "Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive: Unable to delete folder, unable to change permissions, and unable to get One Drive to read to Documents folder correctly. I have attempted five times and each time it fails. So I try to delete the One Drive folder so I can reboot and try again, and the system will not let me....