Windows 10: How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer)

Discus and support How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Trying to get rid of GameBarPresenceWriter.exe because it's crippling my FPS in game. When I End Task, my gaming performance doubles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Royal_Clog, Jan 22, 2021.

1. How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer)

/u/Royal_Clog, Jan 22, 2021
  2. TK_GAMER Win User

GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading?

XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services.

XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in input.

XBOX gamebar is not uninstallable for myself. Not an available option, though I see the button (more grayed out without ability to click).

Input lag is so noticeable in-game that the input lag lets me know when I forgot to end the process.

Why does Microsoft make it not possible to disable the feature when I do not own an XBOX, will never use Game Pass, and hurts my ability to use the computer without declined performance?

WHY DOES MICROSOFT NOT ADDRESS THE GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER LOADING ISSUE THAT HAS POSTS AS FAR BACK AS 2017?

Can anyone tell me a solution, other than end the process every time?

Can anyone tell me the location of XBOX gamebar files and ramification of deleting it manually (if not protected by windows)?

MICROSOFT SOLUTION OF DISABLING GAMEBAR SETTINGS IN WINDOWS DOES NOT WORK.

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVICES DISABLING XBOX LIVE SETTINGS DOES NOT WORK.

MICROSOFT SOLUTION OF ENDING THE PROCESS EVERY TIME I LOAD THE GAME IS ANNOYING.

TK_GAMER, Jan 22, 2021
  3. empleat Win User
    Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!

Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while Game bar/DVR is disabled?!

It is disabled in setting along game mode, with verything in that category...

I don't have xbox app, xbox services are off.

In regedit Game bar/DVR disabled in all these locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR

I used to just rename file, so it is not running. But how can i be sure gameDVR is off, if game bar presence writer is running. I read it should be running only when game bar is on!!!

empleat, Jan 22, 2021
  4. How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer)

Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer) 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer)

1. How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer) - Similar Threads - grant permission delete

2. I don't have my own permission to delete files....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have my own permission to delete files....: please help , thankshttps://i.imgur.com/zU7rqbe.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G9lSyH4.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/q5dLTGo.png***moved from zh-hant*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-my-own-permission-to-delete-files/8de331a7-c4c0-4b75-932f-b6a3355daf68
  3. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  4. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  5. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  6. Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!: Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while Game bar/DVR is disabled?! It is disabled in setting along game mode, with verything in that category... I don't have xbox app, xbox services are off. In regedit Game bar/DVR disabled in all these locations:...
  7. cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game: I've turned it off in settings, uninstalled the Xbox app. most of the regedit guides I see are looking for xbgm which I don't have and I've seen others have the same problem. Ive looked at https://gist.github.com/joshschmelzle/04c57d957c5bb92e85ae9180021b26dc but it wasnt...
  8. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  9. GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER: How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading? XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services. XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in...
  10. How do I grant permission to work with a file?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I grant permission to work with a file?: I tried to grant permission to work with a file for my husband's account on the same computer as mine. When I go through the security setting, it only lists me as an administrator and user. When I changed him from other user to family member, it showed his email but would not...