Windows 10: How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates?

Discus and support How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, been thinking about something. My biggest issue is the winsxs folder that is causing my Windows folder to be 15GB where winsxs is uting 5Gb out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Browser-Ice, Jul 23, 2021.

1. How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates?

Hi, been thinking about something. My biggest issue is the winsxs folder that is causing my Windows folder to be 15GB where winsxs is uting 5Gb out of it.I undestand this winsxs folder is to keep all previous versions of windows componants.But when we do a clean Windows-10 install, that folder is empty until we start doing windows updates and God knows how many updates it will fetch ....But what if we could do a clean Windows-10 install based on the current version we have? meaning with all components version 0 compared to right now.Is there anyway to do this?

:)

Browser-Ice, Jul 23, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jul 23, 2021
  4. How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates?

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates?

1. How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates? - Similar Threads - clean Win10 install

2. How do I install the Microsoft Store without ever having it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install the Microsoft Store without ever having it?: My computer's SSD recently went kaput, so I had to reinstall windows on a new SSD. Since I don't feel like upgrading to Windows 11 just yet, I had a friend of mine lend me an ISO for Windows 10. When I loaded said ISO, all of the apps that usually come pre-installed were...
  3. How do I install the Microsoft Store without ever having it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install the Microsoft Store without ever having it?: My computer's SSD recently went kaput, so I had to reinstall windows on a new SSD. Since I don't feel like upgrading to Windows 11 just yet, I had a friend of mine lend me an ISO for Windows 10. When I loaded said ISO, all of the apps that usually come pre-installed were...
  4. How do I install the Microsoft Store without ever having it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How do I do a clean re install of windows if I already have windows installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I do a clean re install of windows if I already have windows installed?: I want to do a complete fresh re install of windows, but I do not know how to do it on my computer that I'm using right now that already has windows 10 installed on it. I already reset the computer, but I think a fresh install is more likely to get the job done.I'm assuming I...
  6. How to restore explorer shell without clean install win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore explorer shell without clean install win10?: Hello, I was being an ignorant and messing with my windows file explorer shell using an open source software called Open-Shell and then I'm left with this bugged explorer: screenshots on imgur (the bug is: file menu bar white even in dark mode, it's not in right place and...
  7. How many times do I have to do a clean install?

How many times do I have to do a clean install?: Windows speech recognition never worked from the beginning. Did a lot of tweaks to try to get it to work. Still it gives the same error "The language must be the same as the UI language". Standard Default US English. I could rant a lot better if I had speech recognition....
  8. Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later

Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later: I setup Windows 10 on clean install, on a new SSD for an emulation/gaming PC to keep in the living room. Running Version 1901 Win10 Pro It has been running fine, but 6 days or so ago my son mentioned it was acting weird and I have observed the following - The Microsoft...
  9. Clean install Win10 with Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...
  10. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First: How to: Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First How to Directly Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First [img] Information By default to get the clean install Windows 10 on the PC anytime, and have Windows 10 automatically...