Windows 10: How to have a computer always powered on

Discus and support How to have a computer always powered on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer without a screen that needs to be always on. To do this I configured some settings: 1) Changed Power & Sleep options for Screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alessandro Santos, Dec 6, 2019.

1. How to have a computer always powered on

I have a computer without a screen that needs to be always on. To do this I configured some settings:

1) Changed Power & Sleep options for Screen and Sleep to never;

2) Set After Power Failure to Power On (this is possible from hardware side);

This looked fine for me but recently I found a new issue. Sometimes when power went down for consecutive times, the Windows Automatic Repair system would step up and the computer would be stuck there (mainly because of no user intervention, since no screen was connected).

I found out that it was possible to disable Windows Automatic Repair by using the command:

bcdedit /set {current} recoveryenabled no

Bu after disabling it I still had a recovery window that needed user intervention:

How to have a computer always powered on e1f28cd8-4ca7-432d-9b2d-5c9a0c405ebf?upload=true.jpg

Anyone knows if there is a way to completely disable this? My objective is that in these cases the computer is able to power on alone (without user intervention).

Also, anyone knows any other things that I should do to acomplish my objective?

Thanks in advance for any help/feedback.

:)

Alessandro Santos, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 6, 2019
  4. How to have a computer always powered on

Computer doesn’t power down on Sleep.

Hi Dan,

• Did you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

As a first resolution, let us check for any pending updates for Windows 10 and install if any.
    Please follow the below steps to update to latest build.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issues till persist, please try the below methods;

Method 1:

• Press Windows key+R
      to open the Run command, then type devmgmt.msc in the Run command.

• Now, the device management tool will appear and, click on
      the network adapter and right click on the device.

• Select properties and click on
      Power management tab

• Now check on Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Method 2: Power troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter and check if it works.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting
    • Now type Power troubleshooter in the
      search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Get back to us if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

How to have a computer always powered on

1. How to have a computer always powered on - Similar Threads - computer always powered

2. Computer always scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer always scrolling: I've been having an issue where my computer is always scrolling. I have windows 10 and I've been trying to fix this all day. I've gone to the following site https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/how-to-fix-windows-10-scrolling-by-itself to try and troubleshoot this problem...
  3. Computer always scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer always scrolling: I've been having an issue where my computer is always scrolling. I have windows 10 and I've been trying to fix this all day. I've gone to the following site https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/how-to-fix-windows-10-scrolling-by-itself to try and troubleshoot this problem...
  4. Computer always scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power plan always switches automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power plan always switches automatically: Hi,I'm using desktop PC and my power plan always going for balanced - every restart of my PC. I tried those tips:"Press Windows key + XClick Power optionsClick Additional power settings under Related settingsClick Choose what the power button doesClick Change settings that...
  6. How do have Explorer always have same settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do have Explorer always have same settings: I want to have details of files view and ordered by date modified. Not much to ask for? How can I get this as my default view? The WORST thing... A folder with music mp3 files I get some crazy columns like artist and track length or something - none of which I want I...
  7. power always on maximum performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power always on maximum performance: after updating W10 2004 it is impossible to change the battery performance in my Samsung TabPro S. It is always set on maximum performance and the screen brightness is always on maximum. It is impossible to change it with normal action in Windows or Samsung features....
  8. My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason: My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2 600w Power Supply This is the latest crash in the event log - <Event...
  9. Power options always on (not)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options always on (not): I want to set up my notebook to always on. I set up everything turn off hard disks, sleep, hybernate, everything to never(on battery and plugged in), and yet my notebook goes to sleep every 5-10mins. Sometimes after I wake it up, it stays on untill I put it manually to...
  10. How to have a Application in Tray always appear ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to have a Application in Tray always appear ?: *sarc I have a software called BlueSoleil (it helps me connect my Bluetooth headphones & other devices to my laptop : which otherwise doesn't detect them . I use a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver plugged into a usb port in conjunction with that ). Only time it appears on...