Windows 10: How to have different harddrives cleanly?

Discus and support How to have different harddrives cleanly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was running my PC with a 500gb SSD to begin with. Just installed a 1TB secondary HDD for my storage. When into user and moved each individual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/personanonymous, May 21, 2020.

1. How to have different harddrives cleanly?

So I was running my PC with a 500gb SSD to begin with.

Just installed a 1TB secondary HDD for my storage.

When into user and moved each individual documents/music/etc location to new A: drive HDD from C: SSD.

Then went to storage settings and changed where new files will be saved (except for programmes and apps which I will keep at SSD).

How do I ensure this will be clean, and not a bunch of random files in either harddrive. Is windows capable of such organisation? Im worried about files becoming corrupted as I use Adobe/Blender/Ableton for my work and need to ensure the apps, folders and documents stay intact.

Also want the SSD to be as free as possible for programme execution and not document storage. Thanks!

submitted by /u/personanonymous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/personanonymous, May 21, 2020
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, May 21, 2020
  3. Is my harddrive faulty?

Please pull your CMOS battery, wait 20 seconds, install. Enter BIOS, set date and time, make sure SATA is set to AHCI

Make sure your are booting UEFI

Boot from media and redo the shift + F10 instructions above. Then install windows using custom. (Step 10 of this Tutorial)

Clean Install Windows 10

Then skip to Step 13. How big of a drive shows in the Window for step 13. Notice the note within step 13

How to have different harddrives cleanly? [​IMG]

Can you click Next?

Caledon Ken, May 21, 2020
  4. How to have different harddrives cleanly?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 21, 2020
Thema:

How to have different harddrives cleanly?

1. How to have different harddrives cleanly? - Similar Threads - different harddrives cleanly

2. Switching os to different harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching os to different harddrive: I have win10 installed on the hdd in my laptop and I want to reinstall it to the ssd. Can I just reinstall and can I just delete the other copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-to-different-harddrive/5838e501-dd0d-44ab-af43-849d4e169f7b
  3. Switching os to different harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching os to different harddrive: I have win10 installed on the hdd in my laptop and I want to reinstall it to the ssd. Can I just reinstall and can I just delete the other copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-to-different-harddrive/5838e501-dd0d-44ab-af43-849d4e169f7b
  4. Switching os to different harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Have I got a Faulty Harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I got a Faulty Harddrive: I have a brand new Extra harddrive 4TB for my Backups. I used it for a couple of days and then it just disappeared from windows. It's not in computer management but it is showing in the bios. Problem is that now I can't boot into windows if it is connected. I tried...
  6. Have I got a Faulty Harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I got a Faulty Harddrive: I have a brand new Extra harddrive 4TB for my Backups. I used it for a couple of days and then it just disappeared from windows. It's not in computer management but it is showing in the bios. Problem is that now I can't boot into windows if it is connected. I tried...
  7. Having a problem with accessing my harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a problem with accessing my harddrive: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lenarizan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzdy2b/having_a_problem_with_accessing_my_harddrive/
  8. How to Recover Harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Recover Harddrive: My Harddrive broke and I need my files, I connected my Harddrive to another laptop to try to open it. Im trying to recover the files by data recovery yet its locked by bitlocker and I have no idea about the code or password to open it. Is there any other way to fix this....
  9. Instal Windows 10 in a different harddrive

Instal Windows 10 in a different harddrive: Hello I bought a computer with a HDD, and Windows 10 installed. I want to install a SSD in order to improve the performance of the computer. However, I don't have any DVD or Product Key of the OS. How can I install the same Windows 10 on the new drive? Thank you...
  10. Clean install with different language

Clean install with different language: Hello Can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Single language but in a different language? I have a laptop in Spanish and it is Single language but I want to do a clean install in English. Will I loose my digital licence? Thank you....