Windows 10: How to have Edge open a specific file instead of webpage when opening

Discus and support How to have Edge open a specific file instead of webpage when opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have IE open a bookmark file when opening that has links that I use often. But with Edge there is not way to do this. How can I do this? Or is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ackman, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Ackman Win User

How to have Edge open a specific file instead of webpage when opening

I have IE open a bookmark file when opening that has links that I use often.

But with Edge there is not way to do this.

How can I do this?

Or is this impossible? I do NOT need/want to open Edge with "Top Sites' etc.

IE allows this. Edge does not.

:)

Ackman, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Microsoft Edge Webpage Content Flickering Issues with Facebook and Other Websites Which Contain Videos In Their Webpage.

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue, we suggest that you use a new
    InPrivate window
    and try to go to a webpage with a video again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you disable hardware acceleration and use software rendering instead of hardware rendering to view the webpage.
    Here are the steps on how to use software rendering:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Internet Options, and click on
      Internet Options
      from the results.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under Accelerated graphics, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Print webpage from Windows Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can print any webpage easily to your printer, PDF file or XPS file in Microsoft Edge browser using below steps:

• Open webpage that you want to print in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on "More actions" link (This is link with three dots (...) at right side on address bar)
    • In "More actions" menu, Click on "Print" to open Print Settings dialog
    • In Print Settings dialog, select Printer that you want to use. Select "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" if you want to print to XPS document or select "Microsoft Print to PDF" if you want to print webpage to PDF file. You can also select any physical
      printer to print webpage to paper.
    • Select other print options like print orientation, pages that you want to print, scaling, margins and option to print page headers and footers.
    • Click on "Print" button in Print Settings dialog to start printing current webpage to your selected printer.
    • If you have selected Microsoft XPS or Print to PDF as Printer, Microsoft Edge will save generated XPS or PDF file to your Documents folder with current webpage title as file name.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. How to have Edge open a specific file instead of webpage when opening - Similar Threads - Edge open specific

2. Can widgets open apps instead of webpages?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can widgets open apps instead of webpages?: I'm accustomed to the tiles in Windows 10, which worked really well:the Calendar tile showed your schedule for the day then you can just click on it to open Microsoft's Calendar appthe Mail tile gave a preview of new emails then you can just click on it to open Microsoft's...
  3. Can widgets open apps instead of webpages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can widgets open apps instead of webpages?: I'm accustomed to the tiles in Windows 10, which worked really well:the Calendar tile showed your schedule for the day then you can just click on it to open Microsoft's Calendar appthe Mail tile gave a preview of new emails then you can just click on it to open Microsoft's...
  4. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  5. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

7. Snipca not opening webpages.

in Browsers and Email
    Snipca not opening webpages.: Hi, Wondered if anyone else was experiencing similar on Windows 10. Thought maybe the glitch with recent updates could be the problem. Any advice appreciated. 152600
  8. (Office) When opening a new file, the currently opened file will be highlighted instead of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Office) When opening a new file, the currently opened file will be highlighted instead of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Talib_Dota [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e88jc4/office_when_opening_a_new_file_the_currently/
  9. not open webpage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not open webpage: not open web page error (DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-webpage/53925e82-0fee-4cba-ba2c-c4000037dc99
  10. Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809: Hi guys there definitely seems to be a bug with 1809 affecting certain Realtek network cards and Edge. Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.2) I have three computers. Two laptops & a desktop. DT & one laptop had no problems but the laptop with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open a specific file on opening in edge