Windows 10: How to have Internet shortcuts on desktop?

Discus and support How to have Internet shortcuts on desktop? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Well, the question is how can I have Internet shortcuts on the desktop? Is there an easy or a hard way, I don't care! *Dinesh I'd just like to have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bronzu, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Bronzu Win User

How to have Internet shortcuts on desktop?

Well, the question is how can I have Internet shortcuts on the desktop?
    Is there an easy or a hard way, I don't care! *Dinesh
    I'd just like to have it on desktop or a start menu,
    just click it and 'boom' I'm on youtube, or Wp (Wirtualna Polska - Virtual Poland).
    I appreacite the help *Smile

:)

Bronzu, Mar 24, 2016

2. pin facebook icon to the taskbar----window 10

>> the facebook icon I created

How did you create the facebook icon/shortcut? .URL files or internet shortcuts don't have Pin to Taskbar option in the right-click menu.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 24, 2016
  3. saberman Win User
    Internet Shortcuts On Start Menu Stopped Working

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

Default browser: IE 11

I have both Internet Shortcuts and Pinned Internet Shortcuts on my Start Menu. Suddenly, today, the Internet Shortcuts stopped working.

Right clicked on one and selected open file location which took me to:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

If I double click on a Pinned Internet Shortcut in that folder it launches IE and opens the web page.

If I double click on an Internet Shortcut in that folder the mouse icon turns into the busy one but nothing happens.

I looked at Choose default apps by file type in Settings. The default app for a Pinned Site Shortcut (.website) is Internet Explorer. The default app for an Internet Shortcut (.URL) is Internet Browser. If I click on that to try and change it the only
    option is Internet Browser or an app from the store.

What happened and how do I fix it?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet**

saberman, Mar 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

What Internet shortcuts ?

Please give an example.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  5. TairikuOkami, Mar 24, 2016
  6. Bronzu Win User
    Bronzu, Mar 24, 2016
  7. Bronzu Win User
    It's like you have link to Windows 10 Forums on the desktop, you double click it and it opens the site.

Bronzu, Mar 24, 2016
  8. dutchkip Win User

Rightclick on url bar and pull to desktop?

dutchkip, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to have Internet shortcuts on desktop? - Similar Threads - Internet shortcuts desktop

2. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts: This just started last week. My internet shortcuts no longer work from the Win 10 desktop. For example, I have a shortcut on my desktop for Facebook. However, when I click on it I just get a white page that says. [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,11...
  4. Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts: This just started last week. My internet shortcuts no longer work from the Win 10 desktop. For example, I have a shortcut on my desktop for Facebook. However, when I click on it I just get a white page that says. [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,11...
  5. Desktop shortcuts have no icon?

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts have no icon?: I downloaded a few games today and the problem is that it doesn't have an icon. Here's a picture: [ATTACH] And if I look for it at the bottom of the search bar, I won't find it. https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/desktop-verknuepfungen-haben-kein-icon
  6. Internet shortcuts have changed

in Browsers and Email
    Internet shortcuts have changed: Hi everyone, since I reinstalled/updated my Windows 10, the appearance of my internet shortcuts have changed. [img] The left icon is what they used to look like, the right one is a newly created one. The one in the middle was created before the reinstallation. How can...
  7. Internet shortcuts have changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet shortcuts have changed: Hi everyone, since I reinstalled/updated my Windows 10, the appearance of my internet shortcuts have changed. [img] The left icon is what they used to look like, the right one is a newly created one. The one in the middle was created before the reinstallation. How can...
  8. Internet Shortcuts on Desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Shortcuts on Desktop no longer working: I have a problem with Internet short-cuts on my Desktop. This has only occurred since the April 2018 update. Internet short-cuts which previously worked ok now appear to open a text file. Which looks like this: [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,2...
  9. Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared: As the title says ... the arrows on my desktop shortcuts have disappeared. I don't know why. And not all of them are gone. [img] Whuzzup with all that? 104717
  10. Internet shortcut on desktop and security

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet shortcut on desktop and security: [img] I am logged in as Admin. I have "Internet Shortcut" on the desktop. I also have "Details Pane" on. I try to change the description. But system asks for a permission form an local admin which also exists on the same machine? [img] yes, I have tried fiddling with...