Windows 10: how to have laptop recognize external dvd

Discus and support how to have laptop recognize external dvd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to have laptop recognize external dvd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ahantee, May 16, 2020.

1. Ahantee Win User

how to have laptop recognize external dvd

:)

Ahantee, May 16, 2020
  2. Jenny_50 Win User

External DVD/RW not recognized withWindows 10

Unfortunately my problem is still not sorted. My Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga laptop will not recognize my external DVD/RW drive.

Any more suggestions anyone, apart from those suggested above?

Jenny_50, May 16, 2020
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 16, 2020
  4. how to have laptop recognize external dvd

external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to external DVD player not being recognized by the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. How are you connecting the external DVD player?
    2. What is the error message that you receive when you connect the DVD player?
    3. Have you tried connecting it to a different port?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?
    5. Were you able to connect the DVD player previously to the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-installing the Chipset drivers and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    4. Right click on the USB Root Hub and click on Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall
    7. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can try downloading the chipset drivers from the manufacturer of the PC and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. how to have laptop recognize external dvd - Similar Threads - laptop recognize external

2. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  3. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  4. My computer can't recognize the external DVD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can't recognize the external DVD drive: I've recently decided to use my Rioddas external DVD drive model number: BT638 on my Windows 11 laptop. However, when I plugged my external DVD drive in my laptop, the drive would power on, but the laptop doesn't recognize it. In fact, the DVD drive wouldn't show up in Device...
  5. My computer can't recognize the external DVD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can't recognize the external DVD drive: I've recently decided to use my Rioddas external DVD drive model number: BT638 on my Windows 11 laptop. However, when I plugged my external DVD drive in my laptop, the drive would power on, but the laptop doesn't recognize it. In fact, the DVD drive wouldn't show up in Device...
  6. How to get windows 10 pro to recognize a external cd/dvd drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get windows 10 pro to recognize a external cd/dvd drive?: How to get windows 10 pro to recognize a external cd/dvd drive? Trying to load Turbotax cd. Connected the cd drive. Starts to boot, then shuts down. I can use the vlc media player to watch movies. Media player does not recognize the Turbotax cd. Can anyone please give me...
  7. external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

external dvd player not recognized by windows 10: how do I get my pc to recognize the external dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player-not-recognized-by-windows-10/430a521a-7a6b-48ef-86fc-5e314f61d79e
  8. DVD not recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD not recognized.: DVD not recognized. Trying to install new software and am unable to reach the disc menu. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-recognized/7cdba7d6-91dd-47cc-a9c8-1d4873150559
  9. External DVD not recognized by Windows 10

External DVD not recognized by Windows 10: After updating windows 10 on my laptop I could not get my external DVD/CD Player/Burner to show up or work. After extensive searches for a fix and trying many things that did not work I fixed my problem. This is what worked for me. I hope it helps someone else. The second...
  10. DVD not recognized

DVD not recognized: There is no IDE/ATAPI entry in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-not-recognized/6e816ced-304f-4cd1-b4d0-f98c0ced8436