Windows 10: How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

Discus and support How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeremykross1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that 15 minutes after log-in it will auto login, it is to start the DCS server program.There is a third program that I need to run, but will only run if the DCS Server program is running, which is the DCS Server Dashboard. Is there a way to have it auto-run the DCS Server Dashboard, say 5 minutes after the Server Program star

:)

Jeremykross1, Aug 14, 2022
  2. 12Comp Win User

Change target program in Task Scheduler

It blows my mind to no end that MS has never made an easy to use task scheduler in Windows.

I went through the convoluted steps in Task Scheduler to start a program (a sound) at a certain time daily.

I would like (REALLY) to change that target program to start another program. I don't see an option to do that, or even to delete a task.

Any way to do this?

12Comp, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start.

first, the computer does update regularly but its hard to say if this started directly after one

second, the exact error message is "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs"

third, Running the Task Scheduler program doesn't seem to have any effect, and the first thing to come up when i do is a message saying "Unable to connect to remote computer"

grimdragon2001, Aug 14, 2022
  4. SarahKong Win User

How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

SarahKong, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

1. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler start

2. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started: Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that...
  3. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started: Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that...
  4. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler event when program start/stop: Hi, I want to know how I can start a powershell script every time a windows program is launched/stopped for all programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-event-when-program-startstop/14d3a7f3-c2c3-4512-920e-09c744312104
  5. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler event when program start/stop: Hi, I want to know how I can start a powershell script every time a windows program is launched/stopped for all programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-event-when-program-startstop/14d3a7f3-c2c3-4512-920e-09c744312104
  6. Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions: Hi there, I use a scheduled task to start a backup with beyond compare, but I need ondrive to start first. So I have two Actions in one schedule: Start a program C:\... ondrive.exe Start a program C:\... BCompare.exe Does the second action for Beyond Compare waits till the...
  7. How to start ClickOnce Program using Task Scheduler

How to start ClickOnce Program using Task Scheduler: I have tried several different techniques to start a ClickOnce application using Windows 10 Task Scheduler. None of them are satisfactory. For some of the attempts, the program doesn't seem to start There is no indication in Event Log or Task Schedule History that there was...
  8. How to start ClickOne Program using Task Scheduler

How to start ClickOne Program using Task Scheduler: I have tried several different techniques to start a ClickOnce application using Windows 10 Task Scheduler. None of them are satisfactory. For some of the attempts, the program doesn't seem to start There is no indication in Event Log or Task Schedule History that there was...
  9. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler: I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler? Thank you....
  10. Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office: Does anyone know how to have Task Scheduler start a program to run with the launch of ANY Office application? I have a registry edit which will enable the black theme in Office 2016. It needs to be run each time any Office app opens. I can do this on an individual basis, or...