Windows 10: How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop

Discus and support How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I am quite frustrated after searching and installing various drivers to try having two audio output to play simultaneously. I have this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VictorSantawi, May 4, 2020.

1. How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop

Hey everyone,

I am quite frustrated after searching and installing various drivers to try having two audio output to play simultaneously. I have this external speaker that can be connected from the jack output, but I am sure that the sound will be bolder if I can play the sound from both my built-in speaker and this external speaker at the same time.

I believe that using Realtek HD Audio Manager and disabling jack detection can achieve that. However my laptop only comes with Realtek Audio Console and it seems that disabling jack detection does nothing, and un/plugging the jack still triggers the notification.

My setup: Asus Vivobook 14 with windows 10 64 bit. And this is my list of sound devices in device manager.

How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop 713900fa-9bba-4353-ab8a-34638c5c6763?upload=true.png

Thanks in advance!

:)

VictorSantawi, May 4, 2020
  2. petrula Win User

Direct USB Microphone to Audio Output Jack

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Laptop

Goal: Speak into USB Microphone and have it go to laptop audio output jack to speakers for a small audience.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

petrula, May 4, 2020
  3. Nexu Win User
    No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some time to take care of my laptop. I decided to perform a clean install of Insider Preview on my SSD.
    But now after the clean install I noticed my audio device isn't working as it should. I get sound out of the laptop speakers, but when I plug in my speaker or headphones in the audio jack, no sound comes out of it. The volume mixer tells me there is audio signal. The jack detection is working as the Realtek Audio Manager warns me (after I enabled it) when something gets plugged in or unplugged. It even correctly mutes the laptop speaker. But the just no actual sound coming out of the speakers/headphones.

OS Version 10.0.17758.1 (Win10 RS5 Insider Preview)

Device Description Realtek ALC269
    Device Description (Windows) Realtek High Definition Audio
    Device Type Audio
    Bus Type HDAUDIO
    Device ID 10EC-0269
    Subsystem ID 1025-035D
    Revision 1001
    Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1025035D&REV_1001

Device Identifier Device Description
    midi-out.0 0001 001B Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
    mixer.0 0001 0068 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
    mixer.2 0001 0068 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-in.0 0001 0065 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-out.0 0001 0064 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    wave-out.1 0001 0064 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek

It's not a hardware failure in anyway since the laptop and the sound system works PERFECTLY (sound out of laptop speaker, sound out of headphone/speaker when audio jack plugged in) if I boot up in Linux. Microphone jack does function properly in both Windows 10 and Linux.

I tried all kind of drivers, from laptop manufacturer, to Realtek's, to the ones in Windows Update Catalogue. Non of them seem to fix the issue

I tried various drivers:
    • 64-bits drivers offered for my laptop model on the Acer website
    • Generic 64-bits drivers offered on the Realtek website
    • Drivers offered on the Windows Update Catalogue
    Non of them helps fixing the issue of no sound coming out of the output jack.
    I know 100% that it's not a hardware issue since my Linux install are working fine. So that makes me believe it's either a driver issue (quite some people seem to have this problem as well with Realtek) or a Windows issue.

I really need some help to resolve this...

Nexu, May 4, 2020
  4. PGmath Win User

How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop

Automatically adjust volume for audio jack vs. built in speakers?

Is there a setting to have my Windows 10 laptop automatically remember my volume settings when I plug in or unplug a device (speakers or headphones) into the 1/8" audio jack?

For instance, if I plug in my headphones I would like it to revert the volume to whatever it was last time the headphones (or anything else) were plugged in; and when I unplug them I want it to switch to whatever it was before I plugged them in.

I have a Surface 3 which does exactly what I want, but my new Lenovo laptop doesn't. Where can I turn this feature on?

Notes:

• I have looked at this question, and it is asking basically the exact same thing, but it is also 5 years old and for Windows 7 and that answer doesn't seem to be applicable to Windows 10.
    • I am not concerned about differentiating between different speakers or between speakers and headphones or anything like that, I just want it to remember one volume for the built-in speakers and one for anything plugged into the audio jack.

PGmath, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop

1. How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop - Similar Threads - audio output Jack

2. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  3. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  4. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  6. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  7. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers: The sound output on my Dell XPS 13 9310 is permanently muted as apparently no output devices can be detected. This is despite the device having built in speakers. I have tried rebooting the device to no avail. Could it be a hardware issue? Any help appreciated....
  8. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers: The sound output on my Dell XPS 13 9310 is permanently muted as apparently no output devices can be detected. This is despite the device having built in speakers. I have tried rebooting the device to no avail. Could it be a hardware issue? Any help appreciated....
  9. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

10. no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?

no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?: ugh...how do you listen to get audio output to pair with bluet tooth and a JBL charge 4, with my zenbook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-jack-for-sound-audio-on-zenbook-laptop/f5b144de-1957-4e99-a0d5-2ae5010bb325