Windows 10: How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs?

Discus and support How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm sure this kind of question might've been here before but after searching for a while, it didn't come up. So the situation is like this: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Szark, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Szark Win User

How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs?

Hello,

I'm sure this kind of question might've been here before but after searching for a while, it didn't come up.

So the situation is like this:
    - I have two displays connected to a single Windows 10 PC
    - one of these is a TV (HDMI connection) and acts as a secondary display, and a movie is being shown from there, using VLC player, and it also gets its sound form the HDMI, obviously
    - I now want to start up a game (or other kind of media) from the main display, a regular monitor, and it should direct its sound to the headphones, which are connected via USB

Currently, Windows 10 seems to allow only a single sound output selected at a given time, not two that I would need. I would need to choose whether I want the movie to have sound and the game to be quiet or vice versa.

Are there any solutions or workarounds to this?

More detailed specs are in my profile.

How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs? [​IMG]

:)

Szark, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Dreamerm6 Win User

HDMI simultaneous audio output

Hi Guys,

OK, so my setup is a Nvidia GTX750 ti. It has 2 hdmi outputs and both work.

I connect HDMI 1 to my Denon X6400 receiver and HDMI 2 to my Yamaha RXA3040.

I only get sound from 1 at a time.

I need sound on both at the same time.

In my windows audio setup under playback devices, I see both Denon and Yamaha but one is selected "default device" and the other one is "default communication device" , whichever one I change to default
    device will play the sound.

I would like to know how do I make BOTH my default audio device so that both HDMI can output sound simultaneously ?

Dreamerm6, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Simultaneous audio output to two devices. Is it possible?

[Problem Description]

can you please tell me if it is possible to output to 2 audio sources simultaneously. I'm using the ASUS N56VB laptop / Windows 10.

Example: i am trying to output an mp3 file to both a set of Bose Companion speakers connected by USB
    and a connected blu-tooth device.

Regards

Andy.W

andywoodlands, Dec 27, 2019
  4. How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs?

Windows 10 simultaneous A2DP streams playing different Audio?

Dear Darshan,

thank you for your reply!

I'm using

• a Samsung Notebook Type NP700Z7C-S01DE
    • Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511, Build 10586.545
    • with an integrated Intel Wireless Bluetooth Adapter (Driver Version 18.1.1525.1445)
    • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator Version 10.0.10586.212
    • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator Version 10.0.10586.545
    • and two Bluetooth-Audio Modules
      • Manufacturer: Microchip
      • Name: RN-52-EK (Evaluation Boards)
      • They use Microsoft Driver Version 10.0.10586.545

How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs? 2033c42b-669a-4012-9a37-4d2f19656cf2.jpg

These Bluetooth Modules (referred to "Module 1" and "Module 2" in my initial post) provide (among others) the Bluetooth A2DP profile and therefore are registered in the PC as Sound Devices (Headsets):

How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs? 24db8394-4db2-404e-97d6-ef36eefb6052.png

How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs? 38c6b397-901a-4299-b9b7-f4c36b03f991.png

Now the situation is as follows:

• Both RN52 work fine
    • I can select either of them or the Notebooks Realtek Soundcard as standard
    However, my intention is to use BOTH RN52 simultaneously. I'm evaluating the possibility to use multiple Bluetooth Sound Devices at the same time to build a Windows based Multichannel Audio System.
    We need to play different Audio Streams on different Bluetooth-Sound-Devices Simultaneously.

I've successfully tested to

• use one RN52 Module as Standard Sound Device and play some Audio via Mediaplayer
    • SIMULTANEOUSLY use Audacity Sound Application to play another wav-File through the Realtek Soundcard of my Notebook

How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs? 95731644-1933-41e8-b0af-46cd32ea0a11.png

The Problem is: as soon as I switch Audacity to the second RN52-Bluetooth Sound Device, the Sound Output gets corrupted (sounds like sampling hangs).

I suspect that the Windows bthA2DP.sys Driver does not support simultaneous use of multiple Bluetooth-Audio-Devices. Can you confirm this or is it possible to implement a multichannel sound device on windows using multiple Bluetooth-A2DP Devices?

BR

Sven

sczeisberg, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs?

1. How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs? - Similar Threads - different simultaneous audio

2. Can W11 send audio to two devices simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can W11 send audio to two devices simultaneously?: Thanks for taking my question. Can W11 send audio to two devices simultaneously? I have a USB digital mixer with 3 mics and I need the audio output to go to Zoom and to my venues speakers. Is this possible in Windows and if so then what property settings need to be...
  3. Can W11 send audio to two devices simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can W11 send audio to two devices simultaneously?: Thanks for taking my question. Can W11 send audio to two devices simultaneously? I have a USB digital mixer with 3 mics and I need the audio output to go to Zoom and to my venues speakers. Is this possible in Windows and if so then what property settings need to be...
  4. Audio problems when using headset's input and output simultaneously.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problems when using headset's input and output simultaneously.: I recently bought myself a laptop to use for college. It has been great - it has lived up to my expectations bar one thing: it's audio consistency.Whenever I plug in my wireless headset and use both it's speakers and microphone at the same time eg. calling with friends all...
  5. Audio problems when using headset's input and output simultaneously.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problems when using headset's input and output simultaneously.: I recently bought myself a laptop to use for college. It has been great - it has lived up to my expectations bar one thing: it's audio consistency.Whenever I plug in my wireless headset and use both it's speakers and microphone at the same time eg. calling with friends all...
  6. How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop: Hey everyone, I am quite frustrated after searching and installing various drivers to try having two audio output to play simultaneously. I have this external speaker that can be connected from the jack output, but I am sure that the sound will be bolder if I can play the...
  7. I need to stream audio to two different outputs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to stream audio to two different outputs.: Voicemeeter just doesn't agree with my PC, apparently. I've been trying to get it to work for two nights now. I don't use RealTek audio drivers anymore, so using the old Stereo Mix option doesn't work either. Does anyone know of any free software I can use to do this insanely...
  8. Is it possible to output the same audio to two different bluetooth headphones?

Is it possible to output the same audio to two different bluetooth headphones?: Me and my GF are going on a flight tomorrow and I've downloaded shows to watch on my laptop. We both have wireless earbuds we'd like to use, since they're really easy to transport and both do a decent job of blocking out noise. I'm trying to figure out some way for both of us...
  9. How to have 2 different audio outputs for each of my 2 monitors?

How to have 2 different audio outputs for each of my 2 monitors?: Hey I now have 2 monitors and use the “Extend these displays” feature (1 BenQ and 1 TCL TV) and i was wondering if the audio from my BenQ could be played into my headset, but the audio from my TV from it’s speakers. Can someone help me with this please? submitted by...
  10. How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?: I've got a really funky setup. Basically XBOX One (HDMI to HDMI)/ Computer (HDMI to HDMI) to Receiver (supports 4K passthrough) to Monitor (via HDMI) I also have my computer plugged directly into my monitor via DisplayPort. I want to be able to hear my XBOX One through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 audio output two soundcards simontanious

2. How to have two different simultaneous audio outputs

3. output two sound sources simultaneously windows

4. how to output two different sounds to two displays hdmi,
  5. hdmi and bluetooth audio outut at the same time on widnows