Windows 10: How to have user group added to have read access in its permissions ?

Discus and support How to have user group added to have read access in its permissions ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to watch WMC over my RDP connection and it can be done by doing this here, But they dont say how? Anyone know how to implement this solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdowney717, Feb 21, 2019.

1. How to have user group added to have read access in its permissions ?

I want to watch WMC over my RDP connection and it can be done by doing this here, But they dont say how?
    Anyone know how to implement this solution? Windows Media Center doesn't run when on a Remote Desktop session - Microsoft Community
    Then this guy fixes by this here.
    I took a video of what it does, I tried modifying the existing guest acccount to user from guests, so now instead of outright killing WMC everytime an RDP connection occurs, it blinks and blinks this message.https://photos.app.goo.gl/6rDWpHnh2VEziHiC7

:)

sdowney717, Feb 21, 2019
  2. tsukafe Win User

Active Directory Permissions - adding a new user group with limited access

Our network users in Active Directory were set up long ago, before my time, when we only had a handful of users on the network. At the time, there were some files and folders created with access for "everyone".
    Now we are adding new users who will only be using new production software. They need to be users on the network in order to sign on to the computers on the production floor, but they will not have permissions to access files on the Windows network.

Is there a way around changing permissions on the actual files and folders (removing "everyone" from the permissions would mean some users would have to be manually added so they weren't locked out)?

Ideally, I'd like to add one group to add the new users to so they can sign on to the network, but access nothing but the new software.

tsukafe, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Second user account access to files (documents, pictures) as on primary user account with WIndows 10

Hi,

Groups or users that are granted Full Control permission for a folder can delete files and subfolders within that folder, regardless of the permissions that protect the files and subfolders. If the check boxes under Permissions for <User or Group> are shaded
    or if the Remove button is unavailable, the file or folder has inherited permissions from the parent folder. When adding a new user or group, by default, this user or group will have Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read permissions.

Setting File and Folder Permissions

To set permissions for files and folders, follow these steps:

• In Windows Explorer, right-click the file or folder you want to work with.

• From the pop-up menu, select Properties, and then in the Properties dialog box click the Security tab, shown in Figure 13-12.

• Users or groups that already have access to the file or folder are listed in the Name list box. You can change permissions for these users and groups by doing the following:

• Select the user or group you want to change.

• Use the Permissions list box to grant or deny access permissions.
      Tip Inherited permissions are shaded. If you want to override an inherited permission, select the opposite permission.

• To set access permissions for additional users, contacts, computers, or groups, click Add. This displays the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box shown in Figure 13-13.

How to have user group added to have read access in its permissions ? IC45683.gif

Figure 13-12: Use the Security tab to configure basic permissions for the file or folder.

• Use the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box to select the users, computers, or groups for which you want to set access permissions. You can use the fields of this dialog box as follows:

• Look In This drop-down list box allows you to access account names from other domains. Click Look In to see a list of the current domain, trusted domains, and other resources that you can access. Select
        Entire Directory to view all the account names in the folder.

• Name This column shows the available accounts of the currently selected domain or resource.

• Add This button adds selected names to the selection list.

• Check Names This button validates the user, contact, and group names entered into the selection list. This is useful if you type names in manually and want to make sure they're available.

• In the Name list box, select the user, computer, or group you want to configure, and then use the fields in the Permissions area to allow or deny permissions. Repeat for other users, computers, or groups.

• Click OK when you're finished.

For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 21, 2019
  4. How to have user group added to have read access in its permissions ?

User can't copy files from network share. Permission error.

Remove the group association from the users account and have the user log off. Add the group association back to the user account and have them log back in.

Test.

Double check if the user is a member of any other group with lower access level which might conflict with this shared folder/file. Edit if necessary

Test.

Are there issues transferring other files from the same folder. If not create a copy of the file. Purge all permissions and access rights from the copy.. recreate permissions from scratch and copy it over the original.

Test.

TRIPTEX_CAN, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

How to have user group added to have read access in its permissions ?

1. How to have user group added to have read access in its permissions ? - Similar Threads - user group added

2. I have no access or permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no access or permissions: I recently did a recovery on my laptop due to not being able to get below 100% disc usage. My system was barely working at all. After completely wiping everything and reinstalling windows, the disc was STILL having around 85-100% usage. One thing I found searching online is...
  3. I have no access or permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no access or permissions: I recently did a recovery on my laptop due to not being able to get below 100% disc usage. My system was barely working at all. After completely wiping everything and reinstalling windows, the disc was STILL having around 85-100% usage. One thing I found searching online is...
  4. I have no access or permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Accessibility issue: Narrator is reading only inner grouping when we have multiple groupings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessibility issue: Narrator is reading only inner grouping when we have multiple groupings: Hi Team,I have a query related to Narrator behavior. When we have multiple groupings Narrator is reading only inner group.Attached sample screenshot of NVDA for reference. Here "Physical Address" and "Mailing Address " are 2 groupings, but Narrator is reading only inner...
  6. Accessibility issue: Narrator is reading only inner grouping when we have multiple groupings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessibility issue: Narrator is reading only inner grouping when we have multiple groupings: Hi Team,I have a query related to Narrator behavior. When we have multiple groupings Narrator is reading only inner group.Attached sample screenshot of NVDA for reference. Here "Physical Address" and "Mailing Address " are 2 groupings, but Narrator is reading only inner...
  7. Accessibility issue: Narrator is reading only inner grouping when we have multiple groupings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied...: So I have a folder on a server that has an explicit deny for a certain OU but want to give one person, that is in that OU, access to that folder. Is there a way to make a exception for that user or a way to override the deny that is in the security permissions for that...
  9. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group: Hi, Need help in adding "Authenticated Users" group to group(Docker-Users) created by Application "Docker for Windows" through Powershell. Platform: Windows 10 Machine is in Domain. While trying to add, we needed to change Scope to Local Machine for Authenticated Users...
  10. Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access": My Windows 10 laptop has several shared drives (not folders). They are shared with Everyone, Full Control, Password-Protected sharing is off. I can't access them from my main PC, but I can access the Users\Public folder. Sharing settings below... 45176