Windows 10: how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized

Discus and support how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running on windows 10 , currently 2 versions some programs open maximized. I NEVER want anything to open maximized even with a 27" monitor I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cattyjoan, Apr 12, 2020.

1. cattyjoan Win User

how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized

Running on windows 10 , currently 2 versions some programs open maximized. I NEVER want anything to open maximized even with a 27" monitor I would rather Word, for example, to not open with so much dead space in the view. All my searches seem to think that I really want stuff maximized even when I scream MINIMIZED. Is this really so abnormal? One instance is a program, not shortcut, on my desktop HP Photosmart but I'm sure there have been others. Right clicking on properties -> 'run' doesn't affect the result.

:)

cattyjoan, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Programs open in maximized window

All my programs open maximized. I have the snap feature disabled.

Original Title: maximized windows

JerryColotti, Apr 12, 2020
  4. how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized

Windows 10 some programs won't maximize

I have been through a lot of other threads and none have worked for this problem. I have Windows 10 and yesterday

two minimized windows won't maximize. When you hover over them there is a smaller window but I can't get the full program to open.

I have shut down and restarted my computer. I have tried to open the through task manager. and about 10 other suggestions from other post. The programs are Steam and Skype if that makes a difference. An I am on a desktop computer. I can minimize and
    maximize chrome and others just fine.

TylerSimpson, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized

1. how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized - Similar Threads - NEVER open program

2. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  3. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  4. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  5. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar

Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar: I have been round and round with Microsoft. Whenever I plug in a second monitor my programs will not maximize. They are open on the taskbar, but I cannot open them to full size. Yes my computer is updated, spent all day today installing updates. Does anyone know what the...
  7. How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?: How to open all the software, apps, explorer, etc in a maximized window as default instead of small popup window as default? submitted by /u/Akkkivenkky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i85y5j/how_to_open_all_the_software_programs_in_a/
  8. how to always open apps maximized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to always open apps maximized: how to always open apps, scripts and programs maximized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-always-open-apps-maximized/4984d33b-a11c-4bd5-bcb5-0cc3752d6752"
  9. Open Maximized Windows

Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  10. Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed): Hi All, Coming back to windows from a long Mac exile and trying to set things up on my new computer, I am having an issue with one specific program: Wacom Tablet preferences I downloaded the appropriate driver from the wacom website (it works, this is not a questions about...