Windows 10: How to have Windows auto-login on startup - stop asking for pin?

Discus and support How to have Windows auto-login on startup - stop asking for pin? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As the subject says, I want Windows to stop asking for a stupid pin or password or any other security thing every time I start my computer. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HadMattr, Nov 5, 2020.

1. HadMattr Win User

How to have Windows auto-login on startup - stop asking for pin?

As the subject says, I want Windows to stop asking for a stupid pin or password or any other security thing every time I start my computer. I tried following the registry editing instructionshere, but I don't have the "DefaultUserName" or "DefaultPassword" entries listed in the stated registry subkey. I have found many pages with instructions for running netplwiz and unchecking "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer," but there is no such checkbox in the User Accounts window that pops up. Did something change? How do I do this?

:)

HadMattr, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Joren Win User

How to auto login in Windows 10 with PIN?

It sounds like you're avoiding disabling the PIN, but if you are willing to disable it you can get auto login working this way:

1. Disable your PIN

1. In the Start menu click the Settings gear/cog.
    2. Click the Accounts section.
    3. On the left choose Sign-in options.
    4. Under the PIN heading click Remove.

2. Enable Auto Login

1. Open a Run dialog (press R while holding the Windows key) and type netplwiz and press Enter or click OK.
    2. In the dialog that opens uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." and click OK or Apply.
    3. It'll ask you to provide account details to auto login with -- provide that and click OK. Make sure you enter this correctly! If you don't it will still accept it and you just won't auto login later.

After that on the next restart you'll auto login!

Joren, Nov 5, 2020
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 5, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot

Yes, I can confirm that.
    Just like Ztrucker said...…………..
    (A) If clicking at the Microsoft Account box on the right first > sign in with the password > it will go to desktop without prompting for Pin create.
    (B) If entering the password into the password box right away without clicking at the Microsoft Account box first, then create Pin prompt will appear.
    That registry editing tutorial ( A Workaround to Disable PIN Login in Windows 10 / 8 | Password Recovery ) is not necessary. I can keep the "value" at 1 and still be able to avoid prompting to create PIN if I use method (A)

Just one extra step on sign in. I can live with that.

Thing is, I do not have this issue on the rest of my 4 computers.

davidhk, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to have Windows auto-login on startup - stop asking for pin? - Similar Threads - auto login startup

2. How to stop websites for asking for my pin before auto filling my passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop websites for asking for my pin before auto filling my passwords.: This pisses me off to no extent. I have searched everywhere and haven't been able to find the setting that I need. Please god tell me how to turn off this god forsaken security device. It makes signing into anything a pain. I literally save my passwords to my pc so I DON'T...
  3. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  4. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  5. Why can't I stop Windows 10 asking for a PIN on startup??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't I stop Windows 10 asking for a PIN on startup??: When starting Windows 10 I get a request to enter a PIN. In previous versions I can disable this but in the current download I can't, why not??If I can then how do I do it??This is not progress!...
  6. Why can't I stop Windows 10 asking for a PIN on startup??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I stop Windows 10 asking for a PIN on startup??: When starting Windows 10 I get a request to enter a PIN. In previous versions I can disable this but in the current download I can't, why not??If I can then how do I do it??This is not progress!...
  7. Why can't I stop Windows 10 asking for a PIN on startup??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stop Windows auto startup after last digit of PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Windows auto startup after last digit of PIN: On two of my PC's WIN 10 I enter my Windows Hello pin and then hit enter to proceed. On my third as soon as I enter the last digit of the PIN it proceeds to start Windows, without hitting the enter key. How can I change the third to where I have to hit the enter key after...
  9. How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup: Hi , I need some im trying to setup a third party app to run after windows login startup , i need also this app to auto login since it requires credential to run , app doesn't have any option for auto run or auto login thats why i need to find a way to do it from win or...
  10. How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup): I had a txt file that I set to open during login. I'm most sure that it loaded at login, not startup. I have since deleted the file and cannot find where to stop the error that i get during login ("Can't find txt file"). I'm aware of the startup folder that contains the files...