Windows 10: How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

Discus and support How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I probably turned this option off some time, a long, long time ago... But now would like Word to auto-suggest the first line of document text when... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by danielson, Apr 15, 2019.

1. danielson Win User

How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

Hi,

I probably turned this option off some time, a long, long time ago...
    But now would like Word to auto-suggest the first line of document text when doing "save as".
    Where did i put that option away? *092

:)

danielson, Apr 15, 2019

2. Word document not auto saved

I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under
    Document 1 as is common for unsaved documents. When it opened There was only one paragraph. I spent hours on this and i have auto save set to every ten minutes, how is it possible that it only auto saved a paragraph i completed in ten minutes and lost hours
    of work. Why even both using word if i can't trust auto save whatsoever. I saved the unsaved document it managed to recover thinking that it was better than nothing. Can i still find the file that i was last on? i worked on it on the 13th of January and after
    i finished working the computer was left open for at least 2 hours so there was plenty of time to auto save. I opened it again on the 15th. Please help this essay is worth 15% of my grade. I do not back up with office or any of that stuff.

SimoneKrueger1234, Apr 15, 2019
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"? [​IMG]

4. How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

Unable to save Word 2010 in Pc documents.

Original Title: Saving word files to documents

Just upgraded to windows 10 and can't save Microsoft word 2010 file to: this PC/documents/SOAG/labels. prompt says "don't have permission to save in this location. contact the administrator to obtain permission. would you like to save in documents instead?"
    I am the administrator. this is the documents folder. when I click yes, prompt window disappears and nothing is saved. Can't save to one drive either. some suggestions in the answers section suggest turning off Bluetooth to have word function better, Bluetooth
    is not connected. In order to create new folder I had to click on a security permission window. Is there something like that here that I am not finding?

Help!!! I can't use my computer if I can't save anything!!!!

DianaOzolins, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

1. How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"? - Similar Threads - Word auto suggest

2. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  3. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  4. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  5. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  6. Saving Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  7. auto suggestion of word while using word application

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto suggestion of word while using word application: Please help! While I am typing anywhere, I get this annoying word suggestion box on my screen, often over my text. How do I switch it off and make it go to it's final resting place? Screen shot below: Thank you wise people. Rach Oh so ironic!!!!!!...
  8. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  9. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...