Windows 10: How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar

Discus and support How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, Thank you in advance for your help. My grandmother is 94 years old. She has a computer with Windows 10. The constant updates have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cindyweinberg, May 10, 2020.

1. How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for your help. My grandmother is 94 years old. She has a computer with Windows 10. The constant updates have been difficult because they have changed the interface of many of the apps she can use, such as Facebook, Skype, and Zoom.

These apps were previously easy for her to manage, and she has always prided herself on this but recent updates made it hard for her to navigate. We cannot visit her to help her because of her age and the fact that she is immunocompromised.

I have tried Quick Assist which worked one time but it is very stressful for her and takes a really long time to do. It worked one time but it was difficult for her trying again and again.

Is there any way for her to contact someone through Microsoft Support to help her? To turn off constant updates or revert some of the apps back to their previous state so that she may re-use them and navigate them in their older versions, if still supported.

Thank you all very much for your help. Stay safe and well.

Best,
    Jordan

:)

cindyweinberg, May 10, 2020

2. My grandma is sad and it's Windows fault

We have a family computer that updated itself to Windows 10. Literally the only person who uses this computer is my 94 year old grandmother. She likes to play solitaire on it. Since your unwanted update was forced upon us, she has been unable to play the
    solitaire she likes. She's tried the new solitaire in your Microsoft games collection or whatever and it's not the same. Additionally, we are unable to make an icon of it for her to easily gain access to the game. This is a person who was born in the 1920's,
    she has no use for all of your stupid apps, she just wants to play solitaire.

I found your classic solitaire app and had to sign up for a Microsoft account (even though I myself use a Mac because of **** like this) and have been unable to download said app. I click on the 'get app' button, a grey screen comes up and nothing happens.
    I can't get the stupid app so my 94 year old grandma can enjoy her **** solitaire game. . Why is your new operating system so much more difficult to navigate? My 94 year old grandmother did just fine before, and now you've made it inaccessible to her. I feel
    that is the opposite of what a company should do. I don't really have a question, I just needed a place to rage a little because this is ridiculous

SadGrandma, May 10, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 10, 2020
  4. JohnC363 Win User

How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar

Web Blocking for an 8 Year Old

Your suggestions have not solved my problem yet. But, I first have a more basic problem.

I went to the suggested site and then set up an account for my 8 year old son and signed him up for an email account as a family member. I received an email welcoming him to the family and he shows up in my family list. I turned on the age appropriate
    restrictions and listed cnn.com to block. when I go to his account, there are no restrictions at all. I can get to cnn.com and I can go to sites about **** for teens. What am I doing wrong? Is thee a setting I am missing?

JohnC363, May 10, 2020
Thema:

How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar

1. How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar - Similar Threads - Help Old Grandma

2. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password: Despite the sheer frustration with the "support" options I will do my best to be civil. I have been trying to have my fathers password reset for Microsoft live so he can activate his email on his new phone and activate his new computer. He is unable to remember his password...
  3. My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!: I have this 10 years old POSITIVO desktop pc that have been having some issues lately.It freezes and shows glitchy colors out of nowhere.It started with a Windows 7 Starter edition and now it runs Windows 8.1 Pro.It has an Intel Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, no dedicated...
  4. My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!: I have this 10 years old POSITIVO desktop pc that have been having some issues lately.It freezes and shows glitchy colors out of nowhere.It started with a Windows 7 Starter edition and now it runs Windows 8.1 Pro.It has an Intel Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, no dedicated...
  5. Grandma asked me to help her upgrade to 10 but her PC is 16 years old.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grandma asked me to help her upgrade to 10 but her PC is 16 years old.: So, she doesn't mean the minimum hardware requirements. Will 10 just not work on her pc? I am guessing it wont, but, doesn't hurt to ask. She only used her pc for gmail and her bank. Also, is this guide good from xp to 10 or do you guys got a better one?...
  6. Help my update instalation is stuck at 94%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help my update instalation is stuck at 94%: [ATTACH]my update instalation is stuck at 94% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-update-instalation-is-stuck-at-94/cfe4f509-bdf1-4b9e-98ea-cc80fad7c624
  7. Help with 89 year old

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with 89 year old: My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his passwords to absurdly long strings that he immediately forgets. Is there some piece of software I can surreptitiously install...
  8. Help grandma Windows 10----- can't remove minecraft beta from my game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help grandma Windows 10----- can't remove minecraft beta from my game: I can't remove minecraft beta from my game, have tried everything that i can, because of this problem am unable to play with my granddaughter. We are both very disappointed. I'm older than most so probably missing something. I went through xbox insider and un-enrolled,...
  9. GG Grandma

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GG Grandma: Long story short my Grandma forgot her account password (local account). I dont have a recovery drive but is there anyways for me to reset the password? submitted by /u/ZSNatalia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g72uli/gg_grandma/
  10. How to reset an old, 4 year old password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset an old, 4 year old password: I want to get my files off an old Hard Drive from an XPS PC 8830 I think. But, I have zero idea what the password is. I tried to reset password from the Command Prompt from a new Window 10 USB installer, to access the Command Prompt. But, it won't work because x:sources...