Windows 10: How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored

Discus and support How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Task View and I have a few virtual desktops, each with its own applications. I hibernate whenever I go home but I was wondering if I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Calon, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Calon Win User

How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored

I'm using Task View and I have a few virtual desktops, each with its own applications. I hibernate whenever I go home but I was wondering if I could hibernate then restart my PC later on and have everything back the way it was?

Any good suggestions are appreciated.

:)

Calon, Jan 13, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Hibernate/sleep option restart the PC.

Hello,

The Sleep/Hibernate is a useful power option for computers. We recommend following the method below to resolve the issue where your computer restarts instead of sleeping/hibernating.

Run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then hit Enter.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Select Power option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Jan 13, 2020
  4. How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored

Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.

• I disabled fast restart
    • ran power troubleshooter
    • reset the power plan defaults
    • updated bios
    • tried a repair install
    • disabled hybrid sleep in power settings

I have already updated to v 1909. I am running Win 10 Pro.

The fast start disable fixed the auto restart on shutdown but not or hibernate. Sleep works fine. Please advise what other steps to try.

Jerry Welliver, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored

1. How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored - Similar Threads - hibernate restart restored

2. how to restore my pc to like new again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore my pc to like new again: i have had this laptop now running for about 2 years and it is starting to show it's age by running slower than when i first installed win10 my verizon is 1903 build 18362.476 i have a 500gb drive and 8gb ram an i5 processor running 2.60 hz. i really never noticed this much...
  3. how to restore my pc to like new again

in Windows 10 Support
    how to restore my pc to like new again: i have had this laptop now running for about 2 years and it is starting to show it's age by running slower than when i first installed win10 my verizon is 1903 build 18362.476 i have a 500gb drive and 8gb ram an i5 processor running 2.60 hz. i really never noticed this much...
  4. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  5. Hibernate Slow to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hibernate Slow to restart: Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation....
  6. How to restore the pc?

How to restore the pc?: Hi, i want to restore my pc as new. I click the button to restore and clean all drives. But its's failed after 2-3% in progess of resetiing pc. Many times i tried. How? Any options? Please help me....
  7. Hibernating on pc windows10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hibernating on pc windows10: My pc was hibernating since yesterday.could someone help me...I tried clicking the windows logo +w or x but doesn't work.my pc is build-in battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernating-on-pc-windows10/17d67401-21f3-4b26-b0b6-08f704053c33"
  8. restoring my pc.

restoring my pc.: I was wondering if I need a restore disk to fresh start my computer to factory? and if I don't will I still have windows 10 home on it or will I need to download it and reinstall it>...
  9. I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.: I am using Windows 10 Education. I have tried all possible options as given in following links Hibernate Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums When I try to hibernate using shutdown/h command my pc goes to sleep mode instead of hibernating.Is There any solution. 70321
  10. Restore my pc

Restore my pc: When I try to restore my pc with delete all files and clean. I keep getting an error message with no error code. Also when I try to restore to previous date. I get an error. How can I fix this. Lez 105138