Windows 10: How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

Discus and support How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device & removable drive not list in Safely Remove Hardware in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mimimomo1982, Jun 9, 2020.

1. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

I have a built in card reader device,

How to override removable capability to let device & removable drive not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?

:)

mimimomo1982, Jun 9, 2020

2. Hiding devices from Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list

In my Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list both my internal SSD and storage drive are listed. I want to be able to hide/remove these drives from the list. After a lot of searching all I could find was a registry trick for Win7 which no longer applies
    in Win10. All the other suggestions have been to shut off hot swapping but that is something I use. This is a work machine that I am often connecting and disconnecting drives from. It seems like it should be a simple thing to mark certain devices to not be
    listed. What can I do?

Mitch13212412, Jun 9, 2020
  3. ConiGL Win User
    USB Safe Remove Icon missing

Thankyou for your prompt reply. Carried the step by step instructions as far as Item 5. Interestingly the Safe remove icon was turned on. Toggled the on/off button and left it in the off position then rebooted with the intention to clear anything that
    may have prevented the icon showing up. With bootup complete the Safe remove icon is now visible in the Hidden icon box and is active when tested.

After bootup proceeded as per instruction No 5 to see if Safe remove icon button is in the ON position. NEGATIVE. It is in the OFF position and seemingly works fine.

Hi you won't normally see the safely remove icon unless there is a usb device attached. Then it should show up so you can safely remove the device. If you dont see it click the up symbol on right hand side of taskbar to see if it is hiding in the tray. The
    minute you insert a usb device it should be visible to you. If you have already done step 3 and step 4 that is all you should need to do to have it pop up automatically when usb device is present. It will disappear when the device is removed. Normal behavior
    for you. Hope that clarifies.

ConiGL, Jun 9, 2020
  4. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and my case came with an integrated card reader. The problem is it's recognized as an "external" device, like a piece of hardware you may want to eject and remove. That's of course something that won't happen, and I want the PC to "recognize" it as an internal device, so it doesn't show up if I click on the USB icon in the tray bar.

What can I do?

How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware... [​IMG]

rambomhtri, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

1. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware... - Similar Threads - hide built removable

2. System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware: Dear Sir, lately i noticed that my system disk appeared in safely remove hardware and eject media.Laptop is Asus Vivobook ,OS Windows 11.Can you help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance. Lado Grzan Croatia...
  3. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  4. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  5. "Safe to Remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Safe to Remove Hardware": Windows11 "Safe to Remove Hardware" The Icon appears when ask to eject but the "Safe to Remove Hardware" does not show to remove. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-remove-hardware/b6fed1d0-bcf2-4c97-8d1c-e18aba09f305
  6. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  7. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware: I don't see the safely remove hardware icon on my Windows 10 taskbar. After checking the list of available icons in settings, it's missing in action! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware/786e43ce-bb75-4ccd-92f6-c2b5e10060c7
  8. How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...

How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...: I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?...
  9. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  10. Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?

Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?: I have a tablet with 32gb internal memory. I bought s 64gb MicroSD card that has my Onedrive folder and system libraries on it. I will use a dab of hot glue to semi-permanently lock it in, as I have no intention of ever removing it. But the SD card still shows up in the...