Windows 10: How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...

Discus and support How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mimimomo1982, Jun 9, 2020.

1. How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...

I have a built in card reader device,

How to override removable capability to let device not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?

:)

mimimomo1982, Jun 9, 2020

2. Built in card reader or USB card reader not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad and USB drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad and USB drivers
    :

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps and Uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Hiding devices from Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list

In my Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list both my internal SSD and storage drive are listed. I want to be able to hide/remove these drives from the list. After a lot of searching all I could find was a registry trick for Win7 which no longer applies
    in Win10. All the other suggestions have been to shut off hot swapping but that is something I use. This is a work machine that I am often connecting and disconnecting drives from. It seems like it should be a simple thing to mark certain devices to not be
    listed. What can I do?

Mitch13212412, Jun 9, 2020
  4. How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...

How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and my case came with an integrated card reader. The problem is it's recognized as an "external" device, like a piece of hardware you may want to eject and remove. That's of course something that won't happen, and I want the PC to "recognize" it as an internal device, so it doesn't show up if I click on the USB icon in the tray bar.

What can I do?

How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows... [​IMG]

rambomhtri, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...

1. How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows... - Similar Threads - hide built usb

2. System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware: Dear Sir, lately i noticed that my system disk appeared in safely remove hardware and eject media.Laptop is Asus Vivobook ,OS Windows 11.Can you help me to solve this problem.Thanks in advance. Lado Grzan Croatia...
  3. System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware: Dear Sir, lately i noticed that my system disk appeared in safely remove hardware and eject media.Laptop is Asus Vivobook ,OS Windows 11.Can you help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance. Lado Grzan Croatia...
  4. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  5. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...: I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device & removable drive not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?...
  6. Show or hide Safely Remove Hardware icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Safely Remove Hardware icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]People who use the Windows operating system are aware of the Safely Remove Hardware functionality. This is a very useful function to protect the data on the USB from any harm when ejected from a computer. But many people tend [...] This post Show or hide...
  7. Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.: Does someone knows a way to hide it for good? Not disabling it, because that could cause some trouble, just that doesn't show in the tray? A .reg file would be awesome. I want this for 2 reasons: First, I don't use it, I use USB Disk Ejector; and second because it's...
  8. Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?

Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?: I have a tablet with 32gb internal memory. I bought s 64gb MicroSD card that has my Onedrive folder and system libraries on it. I will use a dab of hot glue to semi-permanently lock it in, as I have no intention of ever removing it. But the SD card still shows up in the...
  9. How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?

How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and my case came with an integrated card reader. The problem is it's recognized as an "external" device, like a piece of hardware you may want to eject and remove. That's of course something that won't happen, and I want the PC to...
  10. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733