Windows 10: How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

Discus and support How to hide a user account from the logon screen? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ahmd, Sep 22, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.)

If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen. Which I don't want to prevent confusion.

But if I set a GPO to block this account on the local system, I can't seem to use it to start any process under (I'm getting an error code 1385, ERROR_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED):

How to hide a user account from the logon screen? yEomcNT.png

So is there any other way to hide it from the logon screen?

:)

2. jgunning Win User

Hiding user accounts

Hi all,

So question for you, I have a machine, non-domain, windows 7 home prem. I have a tech account and a user account, when you get to windows logon, it shows tech profile there.is there a way to hide the tech profile from the logon screen...?Or make it so they have to type their credentials in manually to logon..?

obviously secpol or gpedit would be perfect for requiring control alt delete on logon in windows pro but on home prem i cant figure out a way.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Hide or remove user image at logon window

You'll need to be signed on as Administrator and show 'hidden files, folders and drives' in Folder Options.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures and rename the 448X448 user.png to user.pak, (or something).

How to hide a user account from the logon screen? [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 22, 2018
  4. amaru96 Win User

Hide or remove user image at logon window

Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen?

I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but that big circle that shows a picture of the user is pointless and ruins my image.

How to hide a user account from the logon screen? [​IMG]

amaru96, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How to hide a user account from the logon screen? - Similar Threads - hide user account

2. user accounts missing from logon screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user accounts missing from logon screen: I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can...
  3. Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon to other accounts through "Other User": I am now using Windows 10 (1607 version). I want to display certain users on logon screen and also allow login to other accounts through "Other User" (like in Windows 7). However, I can only either display all the accounts on logon screen or type both the username and...
  4. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....
  5. How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users: Is there a way to create user files or folders that are not invisible to other users. Invisible to mean the other user see absolutely nothing to do with another user. Users in this case to mean Windows 10 "Standard User" Please note that if solution cannot be accomplished...
  6. Hide other user name from login screen

Hide other user name from login screen: I have my user account which is connected with ms account which shows my email along with my user name on login screen. I made one more admin account without ms account and made it a default user with password. Now on login screen on left side both my accounts show up. Is...
  7. Hide or remove user image at logon window

Hide or remove user image at logon window: Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen? I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but that big circle that shows a picture of the user is pointless and ruins my image. [img] 34594
  8. Ms account - How do I HIDE email address on Logon / LOCK screen

Ms account - How do I HIDE email address on Logon / LOCK screen: Hi there The trouble with an Ms account is that the email address is part of the account and it displays on the logon / lock screen. If I'm in a public place I'd rather NOT have that info shown. Anyway to HIDE it or at least the email part. Cheers jimbo 7655
  9. How to change order of users on Windows logon screen

How to change order of users on Windows logon screen: I have three users (all with local accounts) on my PC and some time ago I disabled the auto-login using the process described here: Solved Help with multiple users login screen! This worked perfectly as the users appeared in alphabetical order as follows: UserA (with...
  10. Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!: Hi there. I stupidly signed on with an Ms user ID - so at login time it shows my user name (on the computer) + the email address (Ms account user name) on the login. The old Local user just gave you your USER Name - and a panel to enter the password. On the Ms user...