Windows 10: How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

Discus and support How to hide a user account from the logon screen? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ahmd, Sep 22, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.)

If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen. Which I don't want to prevent confusion.

But if I set a GPO to block this account on the local system, I can't seem to use it to start any process under (I'm getting an error code 1385, ERROR_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED):

How to hide a user account from the logon screen? yEomcNT.png

So is there any other way to hide it from the logon screen?

:)

2. jgunning Win User

Hiding user accounts

Hi all,

So question for you, I have a machine, non-domain, windows 7 home prem. I have a tech account and a user account, when you get to windows logon, it shows tech profile there.is there a way to hide the tech profile from the logon screen...?Or make it so they have to type their credentials in manually to logon..?

obviously secpol or gpedit would be perfect for requiring control alt delete on logon in windows pro but on home prem i cant figure out a way.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Hide or remove user image at logon window

You'll need to be signed on as Administrator and show 'hidden files, folders and drives' in Folder Options.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures and rename the 448X448 user.png to user.pak, (or something).

How to hide a user account from the logon screen? [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 22, 2018
  4. amaru96 Win User

Hide or remove user image at logon window

Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen?

I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but that big circle that shows a picture of the user is pointless and ruins my image.

How to hide a user account from the logon screen? [​IMG]

amaru96, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How to hide a user account from the logon screen? - Similar Threads - hide user account

2. Hiding folders from other user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Hiding folders from other user account: Hi all, I have a PC with Windows 10 Home (1903, 64 bit). I log in via Microsoft admin account and someone else logs in via a standard local account. Is it possible to hide the admin account user data folder/s from the local account user while having the folder/s visible to...
  3. How to hide a user from the start screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide a user from the start screen?: Is there a way to hide a user from the start/ login screen, but still make it accessible? Thanks! submitted by /u/TeDankMeyMeyLord [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/envpjf/how_to_hide_a_user_from_the_start_screen/
  4. User accounts have disappeared from Windows 10 logon screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User accounts have disappeared from Windows 10 logon screen: I can still log on to my account , but the other users' (my family's) accounts do not appear on the logon page (normally in bottom left hand corner) so can't switch users. All the accounts are still on the computer, I just can't get to them....
  5. How to hide specific User Accounts from the Sign-in screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide specific User Accounts from the Sign-in screen on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have multiple users on Windows 10 computer, the names are listed on the login screen. Respective users can select the account available at the bottom left, and enter the password to get access to the account. That said, [...] This post How to hide...
  6. user accounts missing from logon screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user accounts missing from logon screen: I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can...
  7. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....
  8. Hide or remove user image at logon window

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide or remove user image at logon window: Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen? I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but that big circle that shows a picture of the user is pointless and ruins my image. [img] 34594
  9. Ms account - How do I HIDE email address on Logon / LOCK screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms account - How do I HIDE email address on Logon / LOCK screen: Hi there The trouble with an Ms account is that the email address is part of the account and it displays on the logon / lock screen. If I'm in a public place I'd rather NOT have that info shown. Anyway to HIDE it or at least the email part. Cheers jimbo 7655
  10. Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!: Hi there. I stupidly signed on with an Ms user ID - so at login time it shows my user name (on the computer) + the email address (Ms account user name) on the login. The old Local user just gave you your USER Name - and a panel to enter the password. On the Ms user...